Controlling the date field

je79aypsje79ayps Member Posts: 49
Hello!

I've installed a Danish Navision client onto a English Windows XP. I want to change the way date is inserted in date fields in Navision. Instead of writing 11/14/81 I want to write 14/11/81.

In the "Regional and Language Options" in Windows I've (under custimization and date) changed the "short date format" from "M/d/yyyy" to "d/M/yyyy".

This seems to have "solved" my problem but is there perhaps a better way (i.e. not change the date format for whole Windows but only Navision) or is this method the "correct" (and only?) way to do it?

Jimmy

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    It is at least the easiest way.

Another way could be to rewrite a function in Codeunit 1, which deals with the input of Dates: GetSeparateDateTime.
    It contains the line
    IF NOT EVALUATE(Date,DateText) THEN
      EXIT(FALSE);

EVALUATE uses the Regional Settings to convert the input date to a Date-field. You'll have to replace the EVALUATE-line with your own algorithm.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • je79aypsje79ayps Member Posts: 49
    Thanks!
  • SujaSuja Member Posts: 46
    HI je79ayps
    I would like to know how you go about your issue in this posted topic...
    I also have the same question...

I want to ensure all to use dd/mm/yy format , other than changing the system date at each PC what's the solution?
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    Have you read Luc Van Dyck's post? The solution is there...

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.