Options

Sql server 2000 Sp3

BalelloBalello Member Posts: 61
edited 2007-10-27 in SQL Performance
The question is this. I have a good hardware system with 70 users using Navision 4SP1 DB running on a SQL Server 2000 SP3 Enterprise edition.
Beeing obvious that we must client upgrade from 4sp1 to 4sp3, i would like to know if there's some performance issue regarding the sql server 2000 sp4 upgrading. I read the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888799/en-us and it seems the worked a lot on cursor from sp3 to sp4 so it should be better. Any document about that issues on Navision?

Thanks a lot.
I don't envy anybody who caught up his aim. I travel gladly.

Comments

• Options
    BalelloBalello Member Posts: 61
    I change my question: is there anybody that is still running SQL SERVER 2000 SP3? Does it make sense (for me no, but i must convince someone)? Let me know, please [-o<

Thanks to all.
    I don't envy anybody who caught up his aim. I travel gladly.
  • Options
    you should really move to sp4 + rollup 2187 ( as sp4 has some bugs and regressions ) also sp3 with sql 2000 is not supported by microsoft, you must be at sp4.
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I have loads of customers being happy on SQL2000. All on SP4.

And customers on SQL2000 are generally hapier than SQL2005 users, but this is just a genaral thing. I have also many happy SQL2005 users.

Mind you, most of my customers do not work on a standard package but are tuned for better performance, both on indexes and code.