Requisition Worksheet - calculating wrong qty.

annann Member Posts: 7
In MBS-nav 3.70 I can not get the system to calculate the quantity I expect in Req. Wksh.
Item is setup with reordering policy Maximum Qty., a Reorder point and a Maximum inventory.

Everything goes well until I have a salesorder with a part-delivery.
Calculating plan in req. wksh. gives me a quantity to reorder containing the full Quantity on the salesline, and not the Outstanding qty.

It doesnot seem to be corrected until version 5.0 - does anybody experience the same?

Also I do not know what to do, when the req. wksh. suggests the Action Message "Reschedule" or "Change qty." on a Purchase order wich is allready released. In my world this means, that I have sent the order to the Vendor, and I am not able to change it.
I would like to change the Action message to "New" but it is not possible.
What do you do then? Delete the line and calculate manually or?

Hope very much for replys :?

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

The issues with the Maximum Qty policy go into the hundreds, and they have not all been cleared in version 5 to my knowledge. Your issue is one I have answered a few times, it is a known bug. Depending upon the version and configuration will depend upon which version the issue is fixed in. What I will say is you have picked the worst policy where bugs are concerned.

Remember these are "only" suggestions. The reschedule is telling you your dates are wrong, forward or backward. You can coommunicate this to the vendor if you wish. The change quantity will depend on some of the settings and policies. Are you getting this on Max Qty policies? What is your reorder cycle set to? Ultimately the suggestion is telling you there are too many or few on order based upon the mix of supply and demand, some of these messages can be altered depending upon teh settings and circumstances, some you cannot due to your rules and configurations - which bring the way you do things into question!

Simple question, why are you using Max Qty? Have you tried Fixed reorder with a minimum order qty to try to achieve a similar supply flow?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Dear Freind,

If you set Item reordering policy to= Maximum Inv,
    Then system will not consider your S.O. line Qty.

Once the inventory of the Item goes below max level at that
    particular location(if SKU is used), Then system will give
    a requisition lines.

If Item demand is comming from S.O., then you must set
    Reordering level to "Lot-for-Lot" OR "Order"
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Sorry one consideration is to contact your reseller, previous reports of set circumstances have been resolved by Microsoft issued patches.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • annann Member Posts: 7
    AdamRoue wrote:
    Hi

The issues with the Maximum Qty policy go into the hundreds, and they have not all been cleared in version 5 to my knowledge. Your issue is one I have answered a few times, it is a known bug. Depending upon the version and configuration will depend upon which version the issue is fixed in. What I will say is you have picked the worst policy where bugs are concerned.

Remember these are "only" suggestions. The reschedule is telling you your dates are wrong, forward or backward. You can coommunicate this to the vendor if you wish. The change quantity will depend on some of the settings and policies. Are you getting this on Max Qty policies? What is your reorder cycle set to? Ultimately the suggestion is telling you there are too many or few on order based upon the mix of supply and demand, some of these messages can be altered depending upon teh settings and circumstances, some you cannot due to your rules and configurations - which bring the way you do things into question!

Simple question, why are you using Max Qty? Have you tried Fixed reorder with a minimum order qty to try to achieve a similar supply flow?

Hi again

Thanks for the tip, we changed to Fixed reorder, and now it looks a lot more like the suggestion we are looking for.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    darshanm wrote:
    Dear Freind,

If you set Item reordering policy to= Maximum Inv,
    Then system will not consider your S.O. line Qty.

Once the inventory of the Item goes below max level at that
    particular location(if SKU is used), Then system will give
    a requisition lines.

If Item demand is comming from S.O., then you must set
    Reordering level to "Lot-for-Lot" OR "Order"
    this is not correct

you can set
    reordering policy to Maximum Inv.
    set Safety stock to the minimum you want

when you enter item on a sales order it will look to see if it will go below safety stock and if so, then order amount will be set fill order and raise stock to maximum level set

if reorder level and Safety stock are set at 0, then that will be you minumun and each time an order will cause it to hit that it will trigger a requisition line to replenish up to the maximun

you can also use reorder level instead of Safety stock