Disappearance of Sales Order

FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
Hi

This may sound a little stupid, but I have to ask. I have upgraded a customer from NF 2.60 to NAV 4.00 SP3 and now all their sales orders are gone except for the one that were open before upgrade.
And I have also seen now that when a Sales Order is delivered and invoiced it is removed from Sales Header.

Is this supposed to happen? I mean there is a function to copy document that can copy from sales orders.
I know that you can get the same information from the invoice lines, but still it's more complicated than looking on the original order.

So, my question is, why do the sales orders disappear?
They don't seem to be deleted when using combined shipment though... #-o

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Sales Header & Sales Line (Tables 36 & 37)
    when posted move to
    Sales Invoice Header & Sales Invoice Line

see table ranges 110 ~ 125

there is a copy document function available.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Standard Navision removes the sales order when it's completely shipped and invoiced.

And yes, when you use combine shipment, the completed sales order will not be deleted. You will need to manually purge it using the Data Deletion under IT Administration.

The reason why completed orders are removed from the sales order section is so the user doesn't need to search through completed orders when they push F5.
  • FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Standard Navision removes the sales order when it's completely shipped and invoiced.

And yes, when you use combine shipment, the completed sales order will not be deleted. You will need to manually purge it using the Data Deletion under IT Administration.

The reason why completed orders are removed from the sales order section is so the user doesn't need to search through completed orders when they push F5.

OK, I guess that makes sence. Although in my customers case it introduces some problems. They had a report in the previous version that calculated the percentage of delivered order according to promised delivery date. It was simply a check in Sales Line for all lines shipped versus not shipped.
    Now when the orders disappear from the table when completely shipped I must make some combination of Sales Line and Sales Invoice Line to get the complete picture over all order lines.
    But I guess it's just a matter of doing it... Shouldn't take so much time.
    One problem though since some lines will appear in both Sales Line and Sales Invoice Line. Then I must filter out those so I get the information only once.
    Or is there another solution to see the quality of order delivery?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You can create a report that subtotals by Order No. on the Sales invoice Header, then group by item no.

Of course, you'll need to keep track of the original ordered quantity. For some reason, standard Navision doesn't have a field for that.