Transferfields

souravbsouravb Member Posts: 135
Hi,

The Transfer fields function works in some table(like Purchase Line) in the base system, but is not used in the Transfer Order Post CU(5704). What is the reason. Plz help

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    TRANSFERFIELDS copies every field for which the Field No. matches. You might not use it if you don't want to copy EVERY field. Or if the other table has a field with the same number but a different type. Take a look at the two tables and see what you can figure out.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    souravb wrote:
    Hi,

The Transfer fields function works in some table(like Purchase Line) in the base system, but is not used in the Transfer Order Post CU(5704). What is the reason. Plz help

That's a very good question. I don't see why it cannot use transferfields then update the field that needs to be changed.
  • MbadMbad Member Posts: 344
    I know transferfields can be a nifty little trick and may be valid here but in generel I try to avoid it. Parameter transfers are much safer.

When you make modifications in the form of new fields that are not filled through transferfield the chance of hitting the same field number in the table you transfer from on a later modification is just too great(you may get type clashes or even worse get wrong data into the field). So in my view it os often with greater risk of creating errors or limiting the structure to use transferfields. You may end up having to reserve certain fields in a table to avoid clashes(see f.ex. intercompany posting).