Developer's Toolkit Question about 'Where Used'

headley27headley27 Member Posts: 188
](*,)

When I use the 'Where Used' function on 50000 Series Tables, Forms and Codeunits, 'Where Used' information is returned to the screen.

It seems that most 50000 Series Reports never return any information although I definately know that some are run from other objects, typically from menu items on form buttons (i.e. custom Quote/Order/Invoice reports).

Instead, most 50000 series reports return the message 'No objects or data found!'

I did manage to find one 50000 series report, called directly from the Sales & Receivables Menu (Form 333), that will return 'Where Used' information.

Could I be using the tool incorrectly?
I expand the tree in the leftmost pane to show all reports, then I right-click a single report and click 'Where Used'.

I am trying to cleanup all reports that are not in use.
Many reports were used simply to modify/correct database values by our previous Microsoft Partner, but were not removed after use.
I want to get rid of these objects, while leaving any objects necessary for the proper function of our system.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• headley27headley27 Member Posts: 188
    I think I've found the problem.

It seems that the ones that I have found so far use CodeUnit 229 'Document-Print'.

This code unit references Table 77 'Report Selections', which references approx. 30 Reports, about a dozen of which are 50000 Series Reports.

The 'Where Used' function doesn't see an reference to these reports via the Report Selections table since a variable is being passed in. So that makes sense.

I also see Table 243 'Report List' which seems to operate in a similar fashion.

Does anyone know if there are any other such tables that I need worry about?

Thanks again.
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    When you use the developer's toolkit it does not search in data. Your reports are exexuted because they are called from a table that contains data that refer to reports. The toolkit will only find a report if there is a variable declared in code, or it is run directly from code.