Invoice number in Item Ledger Entry

FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
Hi

In NF 2.60 there was a function to see invoice number (invoice transactions) for a shipment line in Item Ledger Entry. Furthermore the invoice transactions generated a separate line in Item Ledger Entry.

Now in NAV 4.0 there is only one line for the shipment and the only trace of the invoice is that the column "Invoiced amount" is modified when the shipment is invoiced.

Is it possible to get the invoice(s) number for a certain shipment line in Item Ledger Entry in NAV 4.00SP3?
Mostly my customer has a one-to-one relationship between shipment and invoice so the best solution would be if I could create a new column in form Item Ledger Entries to show the invoice number. Is this possible in some way? How do I get the data?

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

Talking from a non-development perspecitve if you are on the ILE line and drill into the cost field you will see all of the lines making up the cost, and one of these will be the invoice. So from a purely user interface perspective it is one drill away, if you need this from a development perspective you will need to look at the VLE and ILE relationship.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    on the item ledger entry form, I added a sub form (just used the existing form 5802 ( value ledger entry)

link is Item Ledger entry -> Entry No
    with
    Value Ledger entry-> Item ledger entry No

sort the value ledger entry by the key Item Ledger entry

this was as they scroll through the item ledger entries they see the corresponding value entries. the value entry field document number is the invoice number.
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    hi
    [Sorry, if I am bringing up an old thread]

Is it possible to record the Invoice No in Item Ledger Entry when the invoice is raised?

In our case, we ENTER orders and just Invoice directly. No shipments.
    But, still, in ILE, only a shipment no is recorded!

Regards
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    So why dont you use invoices to do this, if you do the document number is the invoice, as you are using an order the shipment is created and this is referenced.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    hi Adam

I didn't understand fully. It was implemented in this way.
    They accepts orders and invoice for whatever available.
    Print a picklist and an invoice from the posted invoices.

When I check the ILE table, only a SHIPMENT number is recorded. No invoice number.

Is it possible to set navision to record the invoice no. instead of shipment number in ILE?
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • snehasneha Member Posts: 191
    I have a similar issue.

How can I filter for last entry no in flow field?

I have an Invoice number flow field in ILE, linked to VLE. Table filter is Item Ledger Entry No.=FIELD(UPPERLIMIT(Entry No.)). It’s showing the right document number when we ship and invoice at the same time. But, we ship and invoice separately as well, at that time it’s pulling the first entry from VLE which a shipment entry. I want to link to second entry (or) always last entry.