Update standard cost for posted item ledger entries

wfmunwfmun Member Posts: 19
Hi all,

My customer are using standard costing. They have posted the item opening balance without first specifying the standard cost at item card.

Instead, they specify item cost at unit cost/unit amount at item journal before posting item OB. However, unit cost will not be posted because system does not allow changing the standard cost at journal level.

So now, all items have zero unit cost.

Two months down the road after the OB posting, they finally realized their item cost is zero. Two months' sales transactions have been posted. #-o

My questions is - is there anyway in navision to 'change' the standard cost on the posted ILE?

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    use revaluation journal.

under function button there is calculate inventory value, run that and it will suggest the lines. Make changes to "Unit Cost (Revalued)" to the correct value. And post it.

Try it in test first and then in production
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • wfmunwfmun Member Posts: 19
    i have tried using revaluation journal, however, revaluation journals can only revalue outstanding ILE. That is, If ILE is closed by sales, the calculate inventory value batch job will ignore the ILE.

example: Say item A has a positive adjustment of 1000 unit. A sales of 400 unit is posted later. There is an outstanding of 600 unit for item A. The revaluation journal can only revalue the remaining 600 unit to new cost. Then what about my closed ILE which have zero cost?

In short, the closed ILE are still having zero cost.

](*,)
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Create the reevaluation journal manually and select the closed entries.
    Or create a processing report to create the reevaluation journals.

You can do it manually and post the reevaluation. Afterwards run adjust cost routine and it'll apply the cost to sales entries.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n