Consignment Vendor Payment

n_c_balajin_c_balaji Member Posts: 34
edited 2007-11-09 in Navision Financials
Hi All,

Has anyone come across how Consignment Vendor Payment is done in Navision. This is for a Retail customer wherein the Vendor Payments are made at end of the month based upon the Retail Sales performed in that month.

Standard Navision Payment Journals shows the open Invoices for the entire amount Invoiced for the vendor. For eg. 1-Jan Purchase Order is placed to the Vendor for 100 qty with Unit Cost as 100. Stock is received in the Inventory and Invoice is posted for the Vendor on the same day. So the Vendor Outstanding amount will be 10000. The Actual Sales has happened only for 50 qty, which the Customer knows only at the end of the month. So I need to pay only for 50 Qty i.e. Rs.5000 to the Vendor.

The Customer neither can delay the posting of Invoices till end of the month nor he can use credit memos to return back the unsold qty to the Vendor.

How can this situation be handled in Navision...........

Thanks,

N C Balaji

Comments

• nikeshnikesh Member Posts: 1
    Hi Balaji

Did you find any solution on consignment sales, inventory and related transaction?

I am also looking at an solution or workaround on this. We are using AX 4.0 sp1.

Nikesh Shah
    Nikesh Shah