Table Validations

bksbks Member Posts: 115
Hi All..

If we set ValidateTableRelations to "No", Do we have to set TestTableRelations as "No"???

Answers

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    They are two different things. The ValidateTableRelations determines where user input is validated. The TestTableRelations determines whether the relation is tested when running "Table Relations Test"
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • bksbks Member Posts: 115
    but does it mean that if we have set ValidateTableRelations as No, it is not even necessary to test it during table relations test?

If the above it not true, can you give me an example where ValidateTableRelation is set to No and TestTableRelation is set to Yes??
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    An example of ValidateTableRelations = NO is where you may want to give the user a list of choices (TableRelation), but also allow them to enter values that are not in the list.

You might then have code to insert their new value in the lookup table. The TestTableRelations could be set to YES to test whether this was working and not missing any records.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    They are two different things. It's like when you feel like coffee, you go to Barristas, and when you feel like listening to music you turn on your iPod.

ValidateTableRelations makes the system validate the table relationship.

TestTableRelation makes the system test the table relationship during a database test.

You can choose to turn both of them on, and you can choose to one of them on, and you can choose to turn both of them off. It depends on what is needed of the field what you should do.
  • bksbks Member Posts: 115
    Got it

Thanks to bbrow for that wonderful example & thanks DenSter for that good explanation!!! =D>
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    DenSter wrote:
    It's like when you feel like coffee, you go to Barristas

I go 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts :lol::lol::lol:
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    yeah me too. Barristas is India's equivalent of Starbucks (very good coffee by the way)