Sales tax included in prices

Banks-Hill_nlBanks-Hill_nl Member Posts: 2
Hi, I would like to enter a sales or purchase invoice to a GL account or prepare a general journal entry whereby the Invoice total can be entered and the cost (net of tax) and the sales tax that is included are separated and recorded appropriately.

Ie. I want to enter the total invoice amount of $530 (including sales tax) and have the program automatically separate the cost $500 to a GL account and the sales tax of $30 (assuming a 6% rate) to the sales tax account in the GL

I have only found that amounts include tax options only in the ITEM card.

I am in NAV 5.0 US

Thanks

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    you could create a sales invoice (for example) on the sales lines
    line1)Type: G/L Account -> your code for Sales-> the amount ($500)
    line2)Type: G/L Account -> Your code for Sales Tax-> The amount ($30)

When you post your total will be $530 with the amount going into the appropriate account.

Another way & the way we usually use it is to make sure the Sales Tax is setup properly in G/L
    Sales Tax->Detail.

Then we set the customer or vendor's Tax Liable Flag, Tax Area Code & Prices including tax to put the amounts into their g/l accounts. It's all automatic.

A Proper Setup here is important.

Do you find any tax fields on any of the tabs fior the customers or vendors?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Navision does only forward calculation of taxes i.e. calculation of tax where tax base amount is specified. You are asking for backward calculation. This is a customization for which you can refer to LS retail or other retail vertical.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    Savatage wrote:
    you could create a sales invoice (for example) on the sales lines

Another way & the way we usually use it is to make sure the Sales Tax is setup properly in G/L
    Sales Tax->Detail.

Then we set the customer or vendor's Tax Liable Flag, Tax Area Code & Prices including tax to put the amounts into their g/l accounts. It's all automatic.

Where is the Prices including tax flag?