Deletion of Posted Entries

souravbsouravb Member Posts: 135

Hi,
Is it possible to delete Posted Documents(Purchase,Sales and Journal Entries) and all their cascading entries programmatically or in any other way in Navision. The client wants to have the feature to delete all posted entries. Plz help, very urgent.

Comments

• davidspdavidsp Member Posts: 18
    I think yes, but you should make your custom code to do that, modifying all the tables affected by the posting.
    Also: in some tables you'll need to give the permissions to modify and delete and last you should probably get the last number of entry used in some tables in order to modify the counter not to let a missing number.

I think it's a very complex job to do, but in theory it could be done.
    I'm not an expert, may be there is another solution.
    Bye
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You can already delete posted sales, purchase invoices, shipments, etc.

I don't think it's legal in most places to be able to delete Ledger Entries.

What is the main reason behind this request from your customer?
    1)To Save Space
    2)To Erase Wrong Entries
    3)Other
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You can delete posted documents as long as you have printed the document at least once to paper. :wink:
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    If you're deleting posted entries ... make sure that:
    - you delete all ledger entries (navigate can help you with that)
    - you delete all attached dimensions (document dimensen and leger entry dimension)
    - you delete all attached documents
    - you set the No-serie back to avoid missing document numbers.
    - it's legal.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Alex Chow wrote:
    You can delete posted documents as long as you have printed the document at least once to paper. :wink:

Or pause the printer & delete the job from the Queue :wink:
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    Deleting journals and/or G/L and VAT entries is illegal, but you can date compress ledger entries. The item ledger compression can cause problems in some versions, but G/L, Customer, Vendor and VAT ledger entries are usually safe to compress if the compression job is properly set up.

The NAV SIFT ( SumIndexFieldTechnology) needs all entries, no matter how old, to calculate the correct balance (for the present day as well as last week , last month etc.)
    Kai Kowalewski