Nav Scheduler run times

sarkie83sarkie83 Member Posts: 22
edited 2007-10-09 in Navision Financials
I have noticed an odd issue with our schedulers.

When a report is scheduled to run at a certain time (Type - Timed Report) they never seem to run at the set time! I thought at first it could be an issue with being held up by a job that was still running past the next reports start time.

So i set a report to run when there were no other reports running anywhere near it at 0900, but it only kicked off at about 0940! There doesn't seem to be any pattern - they don't always run 40 mins after the set start time. The clock is correct on the server running the scheduler.

Another example I have got 2 reports - 1 is set to start at 2100, the 2nd at 2200, but the 2nd runs before the 1st!

Has anyone else come across this!? We have had a few issues where thing have been posted into the wrong date because of this, as we dont seem to have any control over it...

Thanks,
Kieran

Comments

• themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Yes, I have this same issue and I am using navision 4.0

it is a random occurance for us, and has always been that way

just last night I had a batch of 7 reports to run, the first report was scheduled check time of 8:00 it was checked at 9:09, the second of the list had a schedule time of 8:15 it was run at 10:12 the third report was scheduled for 8:30 it ran at 8:36 the forth fifth sixth and seventh reports all ran about 5 -7 minutes after the scheduled time and them it ran reports 1 and 2 which should have ran earlier.

I have my interval check set at 2 minutes

I have some reports that are date sensitive, so I make sure they are always scheduled at least two hours before the end of the date I need them to run.
  • sarkie83sarkie83 Member Posts: 22
    At least it's not just us! I did try turning the form timer interval down, which seems to have helped some of the reports that are set to run.

Scheduler as a whole seems to behave very oddly... I have got one report which is set to print to a PFD writer via (General Ledger -> Setup -> Printer Selections), but every night it ignores this and prints to the default printer. Another report which I have set to print to the same PDF writer prints to it fine!