[Resolved] Permission to run G/L Account Table

titantektitantek Member Posts: 50
I am assisting w/ assigning permissions in 3.70A and have run into the following problem:

One user receives the message "You do not have permission to run the G/L Account table. Contact sys mgr..." when trying to post an invoice.

Typically I would understand this to mean that I need to allow rights to the G/L Account table which is 15. The following 3 Roles have rights to that table: 1. G/L-ACC SCHED
2. G/L-ACCOUNT
3. G/L-ACCOUNT, EDIT
G/L-ACCOUNT, EDIT actually has Read, Insert, Modify, & Delete rights by default so after assigning G/L-ACCOUNT, EDIT to the user and synchronizing, why would the same error appear? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    If the error is saying you don't have run permission then I think the user will need execute rights to the table. IT is possible there is some code that the posting routine is trying to execute on the table. You could try creating a custom role and add execute permission for Table 15 and assign that tot he user and get them to try again to see if it clears teh error.

ian
    Regards

Ian
  • titantektitantek Member Posts: 50
    I tried that unsuccessfully bt then learned that the problem only occured when posting to a different company. So I granted permission to the G/L-Journal, Post role for all companies & that took care of it. Thanks for the help.