Form Size Question

lloydsmodslloydsmods Member Posts: 93
If I want to create a dialog box using a standard form, but I don't want the box to be maximizable. I want it to behave like a dialog box, but with more options. I set to form to 8000x8000 ans set the Maximizable property to NO and the MaximizedOnOpen property to NO. Now when I launch the form, all the forms that are running in Navision, including the object designer, Restore Down and cascade. Is this just another screwball design flaw in Navision or is there something I'm missing?
If guns cause crime mine must be defective.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    It is normal behavior. I wouldn't call it "screwball design flaw".
    Actually, the first time I encountered it, I thought the same thing. But on thinking further on it, it is normal.
    Consider this: if you manually Restore Down a form in Navision, ALL forms do that. Now you programmatically Restore Down a form, so it is logical that ALL forms do that.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    Maybe it is enough to use the property Sizeable (NO) and set Maximizable/Minimizable to No?
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Either your forms are maximized or they are not, you can't have a mix.

it is the same in all windows programs, if you have a sheet in excel maximized, you can't have a second sheet that is not.

you need to have another instance of excel running, or Navision, if you want a mix