MRP Run --> Action Message for PO

s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
Hi,

When we run the MRP, system suggests the Action message to be 'Cancel' for some of the purchase orders already created. For this in this forum some body has suggested the following:

'On the PO line there is a field called Planning Flexibility, by default it is set to "Unlimited" the other option is None, if you change it to default to None, then new po's will not be suggested to be changed'

If we follow this, the system is not at all considerinig the quantity for the MRP calculation. Lets say i have a requirement for an Item A 1000 Nos. and i got a PO for 200 Nos(for item A). If i set the Planning flexibility to be 'None' in the PO lines Navision MRP simply ignores this PO line and suggests a new PO for 1000 Nos. instead of 800 Nos.

Is there any way to overcome this problem ?
Thanks and Regards,
Venkatesh

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The cancel message will ultimately mean you do not need it based upon the parameters set. Can you give an example of the demand pattern, the item settings and the subsequent PO and most importantly "why" you do not want it cancelled?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • flfl Member Posts: 184
    If Plannings Flexibility is placed at no, then Navision will not request you to change the pruchase order from 200 to 1000 pieces, but it will propose you to create a new purchase order of 800.

If you get a new proposal of 1000pieces then an other field on the planning tab of the item is set (min order quantity,..). But I presume you did not enter anything in those fields.

An other reason might be that the shipment date on the sales order line is not matched with the planned receipt date of the purchase order. So if you get the parts later then needed for the shipment of the sales order then ofcourse you need to order 1000 pieces and not 800 like you thought as the planned inventory level is not balanced at the shipment date. So look carefully to the dates at the purchase/sales order lines to see when you need the planned quantity is changed and you will understand.

I just tested it in 4.00SP3, and it works perfectly.
    Francois
    Consultant-Developper

http://www.CreaChain.com
  • s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
    Hi Neerpelt,

Just now i tested with the conditions you specified (Sales shipment date and Planned receipt date for PO match). It works exactly fine as per my requirement.

Thanks for the inputs.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Venkatesh