Vendor which is also a customer

sharkshark Member Posts: 50
edited 2007-09-12 in Navision Financials
Hello

Is there any way that I can have a customer that is also a vendor? even if I have to create a customer card and a vendor card, is there anyway I can see all the movements made for that single company in one unique place?

Thanks

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    You have a customer ledger entry and a vendor ledger entry, and for NAV, that are two different things.

You can create a form though, that shows you the movements, but that's customization.

The two are linked through contacts / Business Relations.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    You could make it trough customization, but I wouldn’t go for that way. If you create a join form then you had a performance issue.

Can you explain better your objective? You your objective is to synchronize data (address, etc.) you can use method given by Waldo.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • sharkshark Member Posts: 50
    for example: I have a company that sells me a raw material and then buys finished goods from me. I have to post purchase and sales invoices but when it comes the time to pay, I only pay or get from it the net value between my purchase and sales invoices. In Portugal we call it "encontro de contas"
    I had a recent issue related to "encontro de contas". :D:D

An easy way it’s in payment journal is to create a function to post at the same time in payment journal and in purchase journal.

You could also create a flow field to relate both Balances.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    In Belgium, this is not legal, as far as I know.
    Because you're not paying enough taxes.

E.g.:
    You buy for 1000 EUR, so you pay 210 EUR taxes
    then you sell for 2000 EUR, so your customer pays 420 EUR taxes.
    This was (legal way), the state receives 630 EUR.

In your way, only one invoice is going out, and only 210 EUR is payed to the governement ... .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • sharkshark Member Posts: 50
    Thanks!!

Nuno, I'll try and use your idea.
    Waldo: it's still legal, because we make a purchase and a sales invoice. The only thing is, when it is time to pay instead of paying my supplier 1000 and then he pays me back 800, i simply make a payment for 200 and everything is matched. This way there are less money transactions going on, mas everything is invoiced properly and paid in full
    Waldo,

This feature isn’t related to government pay.

For Example you have

Customer A – Balance 500 €
    Vendor B: Balance 1000€

Customer A and Vendor B are the same. You register in Navision that you have paid 1000€ and received 500€. But when you issue a check you will only pay 500€ because you are already subtracting the money from customer. Basically you are paying with a customer invoice. That is a normally procedure in Portugal but legally you must register that you receive and made the payment.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Nice to know.

I'll try to find out how it really is in Belgium :wink: .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    shark wrote:
    Thanks!!

Nuno, I'll try and use your idea.
    Waldo: it's still legal, because we make a purchase and a sales invoice. The only thing is, when it is time to pay instead of paying my supplier 1000 and then he pays me back 800, i simply make a payment for 200 and everything is matched. This way there are less money transactions going on, mas everything is invoiced properly and paid in full

I guess we posted at the same time 8)
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Waldo wrote:
    Nice to know.

I'll try to find out how it really is in Belgium :wink: .

I guess it’s the same, because I have being working with a Belgium add-on and has that feature implemented.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Waldo wrote:

E.g.:

In your way, only one invoice is going out, and only 210 EUR is payed to the governement ... .

It is not completely correct. For companies, the taxes are neutral.
    If a company has to pay 210 EUR of VAT to their vendor, they can recuperate that VAT-amount. And the state recuperates that from the vendor.
    If a company receives 420 EUR of VAT from their customer, they have to give that to the state. And the customer (if NOT a private person!!!) recuperates that from the state.
    In short : private persons pay VAT, not the companies!
    The reason companies try to avoid paying VAT is that that VAT-money is temporary unavailable, so they don't have it as cash.

Companies pay taxes on the gains they make. That is the reason multinationals try to put all the gains in countries who pay little taxes on gains.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

kriki wrote:
    Waldo wrote:

E.g.:

If a company has to pay 210 EUR of VAT to their vendor, they can recuperate that VAT-amount. And the state recuperates that from the vendor.
    If a company receives 420 EUR of VAT from their customer, they have to give that to the state. And the customer (if NOT a private person!!!) recuperates that from the state.
    The reason companies try to avoid paying VAT is that that VAT-money is temporary unavailable, so they don't have it as cash.

Companies pay taxes on the gains they make. That is the reason multinationals try to put all the gains in countries who pay little taxes on gains.

This right, but in Portugal isn’t always 100% true. (I guess Belgium also).
    We have a concept of non deducible VAT, that % of VAT amount isn’t deductible.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    nunomaia wrote:
    kriki wrote:
    Waldo wrote:

E.g.:

This right, but in Portugal isn’t always 100% true. (I guess Belgium also).
    We have a concept of non deducible VAT, that % of VAT amount isn’t deductible.
    For Belgium, I don't remember. In Italy this exists. But the non deductible VAT is a special case.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Nearly all customers in our country wants this "module" to apply payments for customer and vendor together. It is based on one form, where you select which customer entries you want to apply and which vendor entries you want to apply, needed journal lines are created and one paper report is printed, where you can see the difference which must be paid. It is easy module, you just need to have the connection between customer and vendor and in our country it is Reg. No. 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Probably y'all are right and I am wrong.

It's just ... I have an accountant that does all these things for me ... and he didn't advice me to do it the way you're doing for the reason I gave. I am a vendor and customer for the company I'm working for as well ... :|. Anyway, it's a bit off topic, so I shouldn't have brought it up.

Kine's solutions seems very logical for me. Kine, is this a registered add on?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, it is just our module. The three (or two) forms and one report is too few to register them as separate add-on :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.