NAV 4.0 SP3 update 6 is available

WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
Allthough I'm still waiting for the official announcement to know what has been changed and what has been solved, you can already submit a request to get the update.

It is all about Hotfix 940718 and you can obtain it through this link: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus2/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1410&WS=hotfix .

It is filed under "limited release hotfixes" ... that's why you have to contact support. Customers can now submit their request online and the hotfix link will be emailed to them within 8 business hours, at least, that's what MS says. The only info you have to supply is the KB number (940718) and an email address.

As soon as I have more information about update 6 (The official KB article hasn't been published yet), I will put it on my Blog (and Mibuso :)).

Eric Wauters
MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
My blog

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Let's try and ask!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    As far as I heard, for US customers, this is still under testing in the US (or what they now call 'pre-release'), and MS will only release it for certain customers. Get in touch with your partner and ask for details.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    As far as I know it is a combination of update 1,4 & 5.

1 was the recompile, 4 the SIFT tables and 5 the FAST option.

Now it is combined into one update.

I just hope that the expectations are not to high. To have good out of the box performance on SQL the base application need to be redisigned.
  • NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
    To have good out of the box performance on SQL the base application need to be redisigned.

Hello
    I was bringing that subject in another thread. I would like to know some ideas that you think could improve the performance of navision on sql.
    Are you refering to just restructure of tables, or also adding new development features?
    my 2 cents
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I assume that it is about total change of backend functionality (and thus connected changes in design of NAV). Now NAV access the SQL record by record. It is needed to change that and access it through record sets or other access methods (not read records one by one...). It means transition from current "record oriented" access to "table oriented" access. But of corse both methods have pro and cons.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • NavStudentNavStudent Member Posts: 399
    well they have done that with findset

The next step would be to disble find('-') ??

Do you mean to change the way the form are displayed?
    Basically to get a recordset, and the user can then look at the data?
    my 2 cents
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    This is off topic, but No..... they have not done that with FINDSET. FINDSET did not change the way the backend is approached by NAV, it just gave us more control over the isolation level of the queries. The SP's that make up NAV communication with SQL Server still process data in small chunks.