Windows Authentication error

abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
Dear All,

I have a site with Active directory installed, I creaet a database and make new windows login and give each windows login a roles. and make a sycronaization susscufully.

But when I go to the user computer log into the domain. and open the Nav 5.0, select the server and the database and windows authentication. and click OK there are message tells me ... "The combination of user ID and password entered is invalid. Try again"

any body can tell me what i have to do?

Best Regards
Ahmad Bani Naser
Dynamics NAV Developer

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Verify the stored procedure exist, it is spelled correctly, and the Public role has execute permissions.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • easabanganeasabangan Member Posts: 114
    Open the SQL database and try to create/include the user login in the security.
    No future at CPI
    What happens if the user is a member of the SA role? Do you get an error saying the stored procedure does not exist?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are you using AD groups or users when creating the Windows Logins in NAV? You have to add directly the Users into the table to be able to login (the roles can be assigned to the groups than).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    Dear All,

The stored procedure exist in the Server. I try the database logins and it wroks with out any problem.

When i try to open the databas from user computer. I drillup for database when i choose windows Authentication, it see it with out any problem.

Please Advice
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
    What if the Windows User is a member of the SA role? Do you get the same error or a different one when logging in with Windows Authentication?

I had this problem a few weeks ago. It turned out to be a spelling error on the stored procedure.
    The same error with SA.
    How u did solve this problem.

Please Advice
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
    If you're getting the same error with SA then you do not have the same problem. I corrected my problem by fixign the spelling. The SA user would get an error that said the stored proc. did not exist.
    Dear All,

What the next step. I have to solve this problem. Can I ask question? I the stored procedure dose not exits. Can I open the database from the server OR not. In my server i opned the database with out any problem. but the problem when open it from user computers with windows authentication.

Any body can HELP
    Thanks
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
    Are the user's computers in the same domain as the server?
    1) You must be sure that you are logged as Domain user and not local user on the PC
    2) Check, if the PC is in domain.
    3) Check, if the Windows users added into NAV are domain users and not some local users.
    4) Check, that the correct accounts were created on the MS SQL server
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Dear Kine,
    1) You must be sure that you are logged as Domain user and not local user on the PC YES
    2) Check, if the PC is in domain. YES
    3) Check, if the Windows users added into NAV are domain users and not some local users. YES
    4) Check, that the correct accounts were created on the MS SQL server YES

All things u mentioned were rights. But i have the same problem

Thanks
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
    Ok, than check the event log on server and on the client. May be you will find something in Security event log with more info why the loggin didn't succeeded.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ThomasSchaapThomasSchaap Member Posts: 1
    I experienced the same error, however it does work when the database acces is set to db owner - this is not something you'd like to have for all users. Does anybody have any ideas?
    Any Body can help!!
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
  • hrillo666hrillo666 Member Posts: 9
    Why do you have to add the users? The manual states that you should only have to connect AD Groups to NAV roles and that the members of that group should then automagically be allowed access?

For a customer of ours having to add all AD accounts as unique logins to the SQL Server is politcally impossible and will cause the customer to cancel the implementation.
    See "http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106925#106925" the post from Dmccrae.

Enhanced - you need to add users
    Standard - you need just add the group (but the users must be directly members of this group, not through another nested group...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.