Options

question on G/L Entry table error

qqtofuqqtofu Member Posts: 49
Hi has anyone ran into this problem?

"The transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in the G/L Entry table. Check where and how the CONSISTENT function is used in the transaction to find the reason for the error. Contact your system manager if you need assistance. Parts of the program mark tables as inconsistent during very comprehensive tasks, such as posting. This prevent data from being updated incorrectly."

am getting this error during posting, using nav ver 3.7

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mstallmannmstallmann Member Posts: 138
    You are probably trying to post a Sales Order or PO. Funny as it sounds, I have found this is usually due to tax (Sales Tax particularly) being setup incorrectly. If memory serves me right, you probably have a tax area and tax group setup, but no jurisdisions, or details. Check that out and let me know if it helps.

Mike
  • Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    yes this is a common problem we have and it related to sales tax, but not sales tax being setup incorrectly

we have this happen on a regular basis on Sales credit memos, when the sales tax for a jurisdiction calulated exactly to three digits and the last digit is exactly a half penny. it causes this problem,

so for example, you have an item that sells for $100 and a tax rate of 8.735% the tax calculates to 8.735

the line in the sales order rounds it correctly to $108.74, but the program is trying to post the tax at the full three digits, thus the inconsistency.

the official fix we received from Microsoft, was to hit F9 statistics on the order we have the error on, go to the invoicing tab, and you will see the tax posting detail lines, manually change the 8.735 to 8.74, and all will be good to go.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    qqtofu wrote:
    Hi has anyone ran into this problem?

"The transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistencies in the G/L Entry table. Check where and how the CONSISTENT function is used in the transaction to find the reason for the error. Contact your system manager if you need assistance. Parts of the program mark tables as inconsistent during very comprehensive tasks, such as posting. This prevent data from being updated incorrectly."

am getting this error during posting, using nav ver 3.7

Thanks!

Try opening the sales order and go to the last line, and add one more line, a blank comment. The tax rounding (<$0.0049) will apply to it and become zero, and null out the error.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Search this forum, you will get some good topics to read on...for the Consistency error
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    qqtofuqqtofu Member Posts: 49
    thanks all ^ ^
  • Options
    .....Try opening the sales order and go to the last line, and add one more line, a blank comment. The tax rounding (<$0.0049) will apply to it and become zero, and null out the error.
    Just an FYI, this does not work in our database.
  • Options
    themave wrote:
    .....Try opening the sales order and go to the last line, and add one more line, a blank comment. The tax rounding (<$0.0049) will apply to it and become zero, and null out the error.

Yeah it's a horrible error isn't it. Very inconsistent. I have one customer that on some orders they hit F9 and then the tax field, sometimes they have to add a blank line at the end, and in worst case they sometimes need to Partially invoice :shock:

Well its time for sure for them to upgrade.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    themave wrote:

Yeah it's a horrible error isn't it. Very inconsistent. I have one customer that on some orders they hit F9 and then the tax field, sometimes they have to add a blank line at the end, and in worst case they sometimes need to Partially invoice :shock:

Well its time for sure for them to upgrade.
    What upgrade fixes it, we are on 4.0, haven't seen where service packs listed fixing it, but may have missed it.
  • Options
    themave wrote:
    What upgrade fixes it, we are on 4.0, haven't seen where service packs listed fixing it, but may have missed it.

:shock:
    Ok that is not acceptable. I have not seen this issue unresolvable since 3.10 did you have a full upgrade to 4.00?

I know your signature changed, so I guess you did an upgrade, but was it a full upgrade?

You have every right to stamp your feet and start yelling :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    themave wrote:

:shock:
    Ok that is not acceptable. I have not seen this issue unresolvable since 3.10 did you have a full upgrade to 4.00?

I know your signature changed, so I guess you did an upgrade, but was it a full upgrade?

You have every right to stamp your feet and start yelling :mrgreen:
    Full upgrade, the works, After we submitted the problem to our solution center, they sent us an email saying to change the F9 stats, we said this is not a fix, the program needs to be changed, they quoted us a rate to program a fix, we said, no way we pay for support and they forward an email from Microsoft to them stating the F9 was the only fix available. As far as I know this is probably still in existance in 5.0, haven't tested it yet, but I would put money on it.

It just doesn't come up often for most people, because everything has to be just right for it to occur, the tax rates have to be out to at least four digits, the sales document has to be a certain dollar amount

Now we only get it on a sales credit, for our Fresno store which has a tax rate of 8.375% and it only happens when an invoice is for an an odd $100 increment, such as 100, 300, 500 ect. Now we just so happen to sell auto parts with a core charge of $300 for a lot of items, so every time a $300 core from a taxable customer get returned to our Fresno store, I get an email from a user saying they can't post the credit memo because of some inconsistancy error message.

just had one this morning.

Now I could pay our solution center to program a change, around $500, but I refuse out of some misguided notion that I shouldn't have to pay (beyond the 16% annual maintenace I already pay) to fix a know problem