Copy and Paste Report Sections

bmccarthybmccarthy Member Posts: 48
Hi,
I could swear I did this before but now it is not working for me. Maybe I dreamt it.

Is it possible to cut and paste an entire section from one report to another in NAV 5.0? :-k

As in when you open the report designer, select a data item row and copy and paste to a different report thereby copying all globals, section controls and code.

Bryan

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I never did that. I would be amazed if this could be possible, as you are copying a lot of different things (variables, code, controls, properties) all in one go.

So I presume you are wishful thinking ;-)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    don't be expecting changes in the old C/Side client. You need to know that there will be new client, new technologies used etc. and it is not possible to "update" "old" client. You can ask something like "can we expect better reporting tools in new version?" - and I can answer "YES". ;-) If you know more about NAV 5.1, you know, that some sort (part) of Reporting services will be used. And this can lead you, what you can use to transfer things between reports (but it will be not so easy as you can think, just wait for the new version preview)...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.