French language pack for NAV 5.0

Francis_KONHAWAFrancis_KONHAWA Member Posts: 29
Hello,
Can anyone tell me where to find a setup of the french language pack of Navision 5.0 ?

Thanks for any help !
Best Regards

Francis K.

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
  • Francis_KONHAWAFrancis_KONHAWA Member Posts: 29
    Hello, thanks for replying but I'm affraid the link is not correct or no longer exists. Please can you check it once more ?
    Best Regards

Francis K.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Hello,
    Thanks for the link but after installing the French pack for French (Switzerland), I got the menu bar translated, but not the objets (menusuite, table fields, form fields...). Is it normal ? So I'm unable to use the french language in the application.
    Also, is there already a language pack for French (France) ?

Have a good day!
    Best Regards

Francis K.
    Have you also imported the language module in Dynamics NAV?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    The French (France) Language Module is available for download NOW.
    Hey Luc,
    What did you mean by importing the language in NAV ? Can you tell me how to do it ?
    Best Regards

Francis K.
    ADDING A LANGUAGE MODULE TO YOUR APPLICATION

IMPORTANT
    You must ensure that your database has enough space to store this new language layer.
    For example, in the Cronus International Ltd. demonstration database, you must expand the database to at least 200,000 KB.
    1. To expand the size of a database, on the File menu, select Database, and then Expand.
    2. In the Expand Database dialog box, enter 100,000 in the Add (KB) field and click OK.

To add the language module to your application, follow this procedure:

1. Extract the XXX.exe (e.g. XXX=DAN for Danish) file to your Microsoft Business Solutions–Navision\Client folder. This will create
    • A new subfolder in your Client folder for the new language.
    • A new subfolder in your BusinessNotificationManager folder for the new language
    • A new subfolder in your BusinessNotificationManager\Templates folder for the new language.
    2. Start Navision.
    3. In the Object Designer, select all objects.
    4. On the Tools menu, select Language Module, and then Import.
    5. In the Language Module Import dialog box, browse to the new subfolder and select the .flm file and click OK.

Then, import the language layer.

1. When you have imported the language module, you must close Navision.
    2. Restart Navision and on the Tools menu, select Language.
    3. In the Application Languages dialog box, select the new language and click OK. The application now switches to the new language.
    4. In order to run Business Notifications in the added language, the Operating System has to reflect the new language module you have installed.

You have now added the language layer to your application.

If you install the Business Notification Server product, you add the associated language layer to your application by following this procedure:

1. Extract the Business Notification.exe file to your Microsoft Business Solutions–Navision folder. This will create a new subfolder in your Business Notification\EndUserSubscription\bin folder for the new language.

You can delete the .flm file once you have imported the language module into the database.
    However, all other files in the new subfolders must not be deleted from this Navision client.
    Many thanks Luc, it works perfectly !!
    Now I'd like to get the CRONUS France database for NAV 5.0; where can I find it ?
    Best Regards

Francis K.