Navision Object Number Assignment

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I have a quick question about object number assignment in customer licenses. I want to re-assign the numbers for a batch of reports, but Microsoft are telling me that they can only re-assign object numbers for reports that have been specifically ordered. That is, the 100 reports that come free with the Report/Dataport designer are fixed at 50,000-50,099 and cannot be re-assigned to another range. This seems a bit naff as we have some bespoke module reports in the 60500.. range and don't see why the customer should purchase more reports, or us spend time renumbering them all.

Is this definitely the case or am I being fobbed off by somebody in the license admin team?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I am afraid it is true. Very annoying, but true.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    On the other hand... whoever sold you the bespoke module should have included the cost for all objects included in said module, and given you clear instructions as to how to order them.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    My experience of the licensing process is when you request the objects "you" define the object range. My experience is caused by "not" defining the range and Microsoft leaving them "unassigned" or basically not usable! I would suggest they can be chosen, but you should be able to check this on the license ordering form (I no longer have access).
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    When you purchase 100 objects, and you don't specify the numbers, then MS will put them in 50000-50099. Once those numbers are assigned, it takes a LOT of complaining to get them to change it, IF you can get them to do it at all (this depends on how much money you spend with Microsoft). However, if you know which object numbers you need, you can specify exactly what the numbers need to be, provided of course that they fall within the range that is allotted for customer objects.

By the way, you don't HAVE to purchase 100 forms, you can purchase them one at a time, they just get more expensive per object that way.