MRP Run --> PO Quantity Consolidation

s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
Hi,

After running MPS & MRP, the system has generated few material requirements (Say item A is one of the requirement). The requirement of item A appears in two different lines in the planning worksheet with two different quantities (Say 5 and 7) as it is required for two different production orders. But the due date for this item A is same in both the lines.

When i click 'Carryout the action message' the system has created a PO for this item A. In the PO, item A again appears in two different lines with two different Qty (Qty 5 & 7) as suggested by planning work sheet but with the same due date.

Here my question is 'Why Navision has'nt consolidated the Qty of item A to 12 instead of splitting it in to 5 and 7 as the due date is same ?' and same is the case when i transfer the lines from planning worksheet to requisition worksheet.

Is there any way that i can consolidate the qty ?
Thanks and Regards,
Venkatesh

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    It is how you have set up the item I would guess. Is the reordering policy order?

If you let us know the pertinent item settings and whether the end result is always a single purchase order if only the date is the same, or whether you want the demand profiles grouped etc. then we maybe able to help.

I can easily say I can get it to do what you have asked, but that may not be relevant to your requirements.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
    Hi,

You are right. I have set the Reordering policy to be 'Order' for the item. The other settings in the item master are as given below:

Reordering Policy : Order
    Replenishment System : Purchase (Vendor no. and lead time defined)
    Order Tracking Policy : Tracking and Action message

Apart from this i have not done any other setting with respect to planning.

My requirement is that the end result is always a single purchase order line for the same item (with different qty) if the due date is same.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Venkatesh
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Have you tried a policy of "fixed reorder quantity" set the reorder cycle to 1 and the reorder point of 0, this should bring the requirement onto the worksheet as one requirement.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    No, the way to have something very similar to Order but to consolidate it per day is to set it as Lot-for-Lot with a Reorder Cycle of 1D.
  • s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for the inputs given by you.

Now its working fine with both the item planning setups suggested by you guys.

1. Reordering Policy : Lot to Lot & Reorder Cycle 1D
    2. Reorder Policy : Fixed Reorder Qty and Reorder Cycle 1
    Thanks and Regards,
    Venkatesh
  • srinivas.chittemsrinivas.chittem Member Posts: 142
    Hi,

Eventhough below setups done, Quantity is not consolidating either in Req. Work Sheet or in Purchase Order line.

Any Setups I missed out?
    Regards,
    srinivas
    "Delighting Customers.... Through Delivery Excellence" .
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Hi,

Eventhough below setups done, Quantity is not consolidating either in Req. Work Sheet or in Purchase Order line.

Any Setups I missed out?

Can you post the whole these settings to answer?