problem with roles

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
I am working on cronus databse of sp1.
I am getting problems with roles.I want to assign only purchase order creation to particular user. This is I am trying to do.
For this I done some thing like this

I created to two user ids .
Some A , B.
A has Role – SUPER
B has Role – ALL, P&P-Q/O/I/R/C(Create purchase orders, etc.).

I opened with databse with B user Id.
When I try to create Purchase order I got this error
“U don’t have permission to read the Responsibillity table..
Then I go in to the permissions given like this
Read- yes,
Insert-yes,
Modify-yes,
Delete-yes,
Again I come back try to create PO, this I got this error “U don’t have permission to read the Tax are location table…
Again in the same way
Again I try to create PO, This time I got this error ““U don’t have permission to read the structure order details table….
Like this I am getting all errors.
If i keep changing the permissions like this B User id person will get SUPER ID roles.
I hope this is not the correct way. What is the problem.How to solve it.How can I assign to particular user only chance to create PO order.
solve this issue.
hansika

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Search the forum. There are a lot of topics and how to do it. Search for "permission".
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• nrapendranrapendra Member Posts: 208
    hi,
    Navision has the biggest peoblems in defining roles.
    when opening purchase order navision reads so many tables.
    and it is very tedious job to defin all of them.
    what to do is create a role with read permission of all tables.
    then give modify and insert permission only to purchase related tables.

i think it will give a bigger relax to u.
    Nrapendra Singh
    (Sr. Tech. Consultant)
    Dataman Computer Systems (P) Ltd.
    web :www.datamannet.com
    mail :nrapendra@datamannet.com
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Thanku Very much nrapendra,

Really u threw me some happyness to me.I think what u suggested me this is also a biggest problem. I have lot of forms to assign roles.
    for example 1. sales order
    2. item journal
    3. cash receipt jpournal
    4. sales invoice............

like this i ahve. Then how to assign permiassions to these froms. Give some advise
    how can i give post, modify, read permissions to forms.

Throw some light please...................

i will be waiting for u r suggestions......

thanks and regards
    hansika
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Assigning roles is complicated if you aren't aware which tables the system is using to carry out a specific task.

Take your case, the system needs to look each and every important table like structure, Tax etc.

In NAV you must find out which objects the system is using and then you can restrict the permissions rolewise. There is no other specific way to come over.

But one thing would be better. Breakup your user roles into lowest levels, like, PO Entry Only, PO Read Only, PO Modify, PO Posting and so on. And now, you can assign these roles to each and every use as per their requirement.

For Example, If the user needs PO Modification permission too, them assign him all the roles of read, entry and modification instead of creating a new role of PO modification.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • anirudh_laroiyaanirudh_laroiya Member Posts: 19
    Role creation is a critical job in any online environment. The main premission required in any role is READ. Create a few roles which have read permission for different tables. Then define different roles with insert, modify permissions. This is one time job which you have to do in the begining otherwise many user have access to different tables which is not required by them.
    Create roles as per different activities i.e.
    Bank Payment, Bank Receipt, General Journal, Cash Payment, Cash Receipt, Purchase Order, Sale Order etc.
    Give access for the execution of forms only not to all forms.
    Create different roles for running reports in the system i.e. General Ledger Reports, Sales & Receivable Reports etc.

Regards'
    Anirudh