Outlook Synchronisation Erro

JTillmannJTillmann Member Posts: 11
Hi everybody,

in my company I'm the one to test the new Outlook Integration with Dynamics Nav 5.0 and for this I've set up two VirtualPC Images, but both don't work so well:

1.) Windows Server 2003, germanm, Outlook 2003:
I've set up a Native Database Server, an Application Server and Installed the Outlook AddIn for everything. I changed the outlook.exe.config file for the right native-protocoll and even fixed the Checksum-Bug in Codeunit 5306 "Outlook Synch. Export Schema".
The "Test Connection"-Button gets me a "Connection successfull"-Message, but everytime I click "Synchronize" I get the following Error:
An error has occured during the synchronization process. You can find the error details in the log file. Please contact your System Administrator.

Does anyone know where this log file's supposed to be? I already checked the outlook config file with the system.diagnostics tag, but the folder for the listener is empty ...

2.) MS "Marketing Beta 5.0"-VPC Image, Outlook 2007:
I took an Image created by Microsoft where an SQL Server is running an the Outlook Integration is already set up. This works, but since we've got mostly native databases running, I took a backup of this database on the SQL Server and restored it into a new native db. I installed the remaining components & configured everything, Test Connection works without an error message, but with "Full Synchronization" I get an error in the "Troubleshooting"-window:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Codeunit execution for response error: Overflow under type conversion of Text to Text.

Value: 77+977+9Je+/ve+..etc.

Also instead of updating the Outlook Items (for example "Contacts") it creates new copies of the already existing ones.

Well I've run out of ideas how to solve this problem, maybe someone here might have one.

Thanks in advance
JTillmann

Comments