Security Filter on Role Permissions

kaybeekaybee Member Posts: 49
Hi, I have a "Table Data" for which I need to filter on two fields, but I need to apply the logical expression "OR" to it and not "AND".

Is this possible? As I'm assuming when I add 2 fields, it's applying AND - hence the permission failing.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    kaybee wrote:
    Hi, I have a "Table Data" for which I need to filter on two fields, but I need to apply the logical expression "OR" to it and not "AND".

Is this possible? As I'm assuming when I add 2 fields, it's applying AND - hence the permission failing.

Add two entries, one for the first filter, second for the second filter. Permissions for all roles user is member of are union of all permissions.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kaybeekaybee Member Posts: 49
    kine wrote:
    kaybee wrote:

Add two entries, one for the first filter, second for the second filter. Permissions for all roles user is member of are union of all permissions.

I have a "Vendor" table and within the "Vendor" table, I would like the permissions to be dependent on either of the 2 fields. So if "Field A" is true then allow permission or if "Field B" is true allow permission.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    yes, and you can do it through two definitions. Define two roles and in one enable access for one case and in second access for the second one. If you assign user into both roles, he will have access to both...
    (pitty is, that you cannot define more lines for same table in one role, it is why you need to define separate role for each case). If you define the condition in one role on one line, it is AND between the filters. If you define each filter on separate line in separate role, it is OR between it.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.