Overdelivery Tolerance in Purchase

souravbsouravb Member Posts: 135
Hi,
I have created a PO of 10 quantities of item X. Suppose the vendor delivers 11 quantities. In Navision normally 11 quantities wiil not be accepted. But if i want to set an overdelivery tolerance of 10%(say) how do i acheive that through code. Plz help me. The customer accepts overdlivery up to 10%.

Comments

• pandusp167pandusp167 Member Posts: 10
    8)

Do the following Customisation :

1. In Purchases & Payable Setup Create a new field Overdelivery % (User will enter 10%)

2. In Purchase Order Line create a New field Quantity (where user will input 10 nos)

3. In Purchase Order Line existing Quantity field will be filled with 10 + 10% i.e Overdelivery %. (hide this field)

4. Now user is allowed to accept material upto 10% more.

5. Print P.O. as per the Qty entered by the user.

Check with your client on volume discounts and prices.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    pandusp167 wrote:
    8)

Do the following Customisation :

1. In Purchases & Payable Setup Create a new field Overdelivery % (User will enter 10%)

2. In Purchase Order Line create a New field Quantity (where user will input 10 nos)

3. In Purchase Order Line existing Quantity field will be filled with 10 + 10% i.e Overdelivery %. (hide this field)

4. Now user is allowed to accept material upto 10% more.

5. Print P.O. as per the Qty entered by the user.

Check with your client on volume discounts and prices.

if you do this and the correct qty shows up of 10, your hidden true qty field will still be at 11 and your po won't close when the users receives and invoices the 10.

I think the field you have in item #2 (Starting Qty) should be used to populate the initial Qty field.

Then when the user changes the qty on the “Qty to receive” field, your code should check if it is within the 10% of the “Starting Qty” if it is, then update the regular qty field, this way your “Starting Qty” field will always have the original amount, and your PO line qty with be the true qty to receive and invoice, so all the regular programming of Navision is really un-changed. Your Po will close properly, and the Starting Qty field can be used as a reference against final quantity