5.0 and maillog

lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
I read in the manual that the old maillog is removed and replaced by Outlook Synchronization Addin. So does this new Addin log email like the old NAS + maillog do? As I understand it from reading the manual it only synchronizes contacts/to-dos? If it does how does the maillogging work in 5.0?
Navision developer

Comments

• lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
    Has anyone even got 5.0 to log emails?
    Navision developer
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Well ...
    We are using it in 4.0, not 5.0.

This is what I noticed.
    Exactly the same codeunits are still present:
    5064 E-Mail - Logging
    5065 E-Mail Dispatcher

The dispatcher seems to work in the same way (starting a timer and such). In codeunit 1, there is no reference anymore to start the dispatcher.

So, this is what you can do:
    1. Create a reference in "NasHandler" (Codeunit 1), and start the dispatcher in the same way you did it as in 4.0 .

2. Start the new "Job Queue" (the new NAS-based scheduler) and create a new job, that starts codeunit 5064 (E-Mail - Logging) every day/hour/minute/... .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
    Thanks for your answer Waldo

I guess we can do this to solve it for now. I noticed the codeunits are flagged with NAVW15.00 as well indicating that this mail logging is suppose to work somehow with 5.0
    Navision developer
    Indeed.
    But I didn't compare it with the 4.0 objects, so I wouldn't know what has changed. Probably some FIND-instructions ;)

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but:
    Where can I find info on the new nas based job queue?
    Thanks in advance
    Thomas

Eric Wauters
    My blog