Passing records through multiple forms

jknauftjknauft Member Posts: 89
I have an unusual situation that I haven't been able to resolve. I have a form (Form A) that contains either a single record or a recordset based on what is selected. I need to pass these records to Form B which is based on a different table. I need to then take the records from Form A and the records selected in Form B and pass them to Form C which is based on yet another table to be processed. I've tried creating a function and calling it from Form A to pass the record through as a variable but it drops the record once Form B is opened. Any ideas would be appreciated.

-Jon

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    perhaps this
    http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=9
    The big advantage of using this method, is that you can transfer parameters without creating functions in every object.
    Say you have a Form1 that calls Form2, and Form2 calls Form3. When you want to pass some value from Form1 to Form3, you needed to write a function on Form2 to retrieve the value from Form1 and you need a function on Form3 to retrieve the value from Form2. With this SingleInstance codeunit approach, Form1 sends the value to the codeunit and Form3 retrieves the value from the codeunit. There is no need to modify Form2
  • jknauftjknauft Member Posts: 89
    Thanks Harry. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Jon