kitting in 5.0

gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
i would like experts to share their kitting in 5.0 experiences with me

1.The client sells a "product" which is made of items(eg flowers+confetti+choclates) but the cost is not maintained at the item level but at the product level so wont this situation be ideal for kitting?

2.And what would be the benefits after implementing kitting?

i hope these are the only steps to be taken to implement kitting in 5.0

1.Create Number series for K-BOM and Disassembly BOM and Production BOM and BOM journal
2.Inventory setup and kitting tab to either 'show/dont show",numbering tab to K-BOM no.
3.Setting up the K-BOM from Purchases->inventory and costing->KBOM
4.Set the KBOM status to Enabled
5.Go to the Item card and Select the K-BOM on the kitting tab in Item card
6.Show/dont show options can be sleected from customer card,inventory card,sales setup card,item card
Regards,

GD

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    See if you can get a hold of a standard US database. Kitting is part of the US localization. You should also be able to find documentation about kitting on partnersource.
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    Daniel just so you know it’s a standard part of the Asia Pacific database as well now along with Liquidity and Cost Accounting.

GD All the manuals are up at partner source. If you have difficulty finding them let me know and I'll dig out my copies for you.

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Thanks Ian, I didn't know that. Is it the same functionality?
  • Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    As far as I understand it yes it is the same. The version number is KITNA5.00

Liquidity is LIQEM5.00
    Cost Accounting is CACEM5.00

Looking at the objects the Liquidity and Cost Accounting have a lot of objects in their own ranges and Kitting appears to be mainly mods of exisiting objects and a few objects it its own range.

Ian
    Regards

Ian
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    1.Create Number series for K-BOM and Disassembly BOM and Production BOM and BOM journal
    2.Inventory setup and kitting tab to either 'show/dont show",numbering tab to K-BOM no.
    3.Setting up the K-BOM from Purchases->inventory and costing->KBOM
    4.Set the KBOM status to Enabled
    5.Go to the Item card and Select the K-BOM on the kitting tab in Item card
    6.Show/dont show options can be sleected from customer card,inventory card,sales setup card,item card

Hi guys,

I would like to check any steps missed out/ extra as mention above?
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    1. Display Sales Order, Invoices, Shipment (Sales & Marketing> SetUp> Kitting Tab)
    2. Display in Picking(WareHouse> SetUp> Inventory SetUp> Kitting> Numbering & Kitting Tab)
    3. SetUp No Series (Financial Management> Inventory> SetUp> Kitting Tab)
    4. Individual Item Kit No, Disassembly No. (Item Card> Kitting Tab)
    NOTE: Please know EXACTYLE before unchecked Automatic Build Kit BOM & Roll-up Kit Pricing in Item Card

There's somewhere I saw about Get Shipment/ Invoice, is there such a function?
    If YES, can I know where to find them ?