Navision Emails

FireBredFireBred Member Posts: 3
I know it's possible to send emails through Outlook from Navision. But I was just wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to send event notifications from Navision too, so as to populate the recipient's Outlook calender up accepting the invitation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Can you elaborate more on this? I'm not sure I get what you mean, but it seems possible..

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • FireBredFireBred Member Posts: 3
    Certainly, I've since looked into this further and read up on the Outlook Object Model - which is apparently what I need to use and is possible using the model, I'm just not sure how I go about writing it.

Basically, using the OOM, I wish to automate an email upon posting data from a form, very much in the same way you would send a regular email through Navision, only it sends as an event invitation for Outlook users as apposed to a regular plain text emails.

I'm sorry I can't provide more information on the issue, as I don't have a lot to go on..
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    If I'm not mistaken, this is already in the default 5.0 database ... I mean in the CRM database. There, you can invite other people to appointements and such. You can probably copy/paste code from this ... .

If this is not what you need, there is a lot to find on the NET about Outlook Automation. You can do just about everything with the so called OOM.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Hi !

It may help you.

I had done one customisaion in standard Navision reports.

e.g Customer outstanding report. Whenever this report is executed
    system will send a mail to a concern user, If overdue goes beyond
    90 days.

We have added one single line code in report itself.
    We have used the NewMessage() method of Code Unit 397(Mail).

and put your condition in report, on which system should send a mail
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan