Email Problems

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Dear All,

I have got a problem with the email sending. The source of problem though is not Navision but the update patches for Microsoft which are sent over by Microsoft itself. Unfortunately when installing Microsoft Office 2003 and avoid installing any updates the email are sent over and they work out perfectly. As soon as an update patch is installed then for some reason or another the emails are not sent out any more.

Does anyone has any idea what this change may be and how to sort it out. Patches are important for security reason and tons of other reasons but still sending out email is equally important. Did anyone ever encounter this problem and manage to solve it? I don't know where the problem is derived the only thing which I'm sure of is that when installing updates the code Mail stops functioning.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated as I'm completed lost.

Best Regards,

SABZAM

Comments

• kujukuju Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 62
    How did you send the email?
    Using Outlook or using SMTP.

Because the best way is using SMTP which is standard functionality in NAV 5.0. Outlook doesn't like to be controlled by another program.

If you don't have NAV 5.0 than you can find dozens of examples on the internet on sending a mail through SMTP.
    I worked with SMTP already since 4.0
    Dynamics Rules!
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    In download section you have a few alternatives to send e-mails from Navision in versions older than NAV 5.0
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • chinyenjechinyenje Member Posts: 14
    can some one please just help out with instructions of how to setup smtp mail thru NAV 5.0 ???