Permissions problem running dataports

bougeacbougeac Member Posts: 24
Hi, i have been building/modifying some dataports using navision 3.70 and when testing/running using the developer license I encountered no problems. HOWEVER, I wanted to ensure that the dataports would work when using a "normal" license and when I imported this type of license and then tried to run my dataports I was shown a message saying I didnt have permission to run it/them. We thought that maybe it was to do with the object numbers id assigned to the dataports so I changed the number of one of them to a number that was within the "allowed" range for our site and tried again to run the dataport, it worked but then another error came up in connection with one of the tables the dataport was trying to access. Anyway, after a bit more tweaking I was able to successfully run both dataports cleanly and got the results i expected. But when I needed to go back and amend them using the developer license problems began!

Now whenever I try to save any changes to ANY dataports or forms using the developer license I get "You do not have permission to modify the 'object nam' Dataport"

This is very puzzling. I also cannot now CREATE any dataports or forms etc.

Could it be a database size issue, as ive checked and spotted that its at 93% of its alloted space.

Help!

chris

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    1. Check that you have SUPER-rights in the database
    2. Use this How To to determine the allowed object ranges in your license file: How To determine what objects can be read with the current license file?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • bougeacbougeac Member Posts: 24
    Hi Luc, thanks for your prompt reply, as far as I can see I have "SUPER" rights and access to everything. This is what makes the situation so frustrating!

cheers,

chris
  • todrotodro Member Posts: 117
    bougeac wrote:
    Hi Luc, thanks for your prompt reply, as far as I can see I have "SUPER" rights and access to everything. This is what makes the situation so frustrating!

cheers,

chris
    Do you use an account with a SUPER role WITHOUT being assigned to a company ?
    Torsten
    MCP+I, MCSE NT, Navision MCT (2004,2005)