can we show a message to a particular user only???

kgsinhakgsinha Member Posts: 67
In navision
If there are 5 users login at a time, and i have to send a message to a particular user(suppose to user 1). then what is the posedure for this.... Pls help

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    IF USERID = 'user1' THEN
      MESSAGE('This message is only visible to user 1');

If user1 is logged in 2 times with the same UserID, he will get the message in both sessions.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • kgsinhakgsinha Member Posts: 67
    Above code does not work....
    The message is shown onto server inspite of that user1...
    I want to show this messahe to the screen of user1..

PLS help urgent...
  • flfl Member Posts: 184
    As I understand you want Navision to send a message to "another" screen as soon as 5 user are logged in. Navision has no direct messaging facility included. So you can't popup a message box on another screen, however with some small modification, this can be solved. Or you could choose to send that user a mail.
    Francois
    Consultant-Developper

http://www.CreaChain.com
    If you want urgent support, then buy a support ticket with Microsoft.
    Putting urgent in your message is not the right way to get a response in this forum.

If the above code is executed in a fin.exe/finsql.exe client, the message is displayed on the user's screen. If this code is executed on a Application Server/Job Scheduler then it will appear on the screen (or in the even log) of that machine.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Call them on the phone?

There is no messaging functionality in NAV. You're looking at custom development if you really need this. I am sure that there are multiple options. The one I am thinking would probably involve a form that checks a message table every so many seconds.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    If you want urgent support, then buy a support ticket with Microsoft.
    Putting urgent in your message is not the right way to get a response in this forum.

=D>
    David Singleton
    DenSter wrote:
    There is no messaging functionality in NAV. You're looking at custom development if you really need this. I am sure that there are multiple options. The one I am thinking would probably involve a form that checks a message table every so many seconds.
    Something like this:
    Navision Messenger v01
    Chat messages
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Yeah exactly, that's probably why I am thinking of that idea :)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    edited 2007-08-30
    Send that person an IM....Solve all your Im issues in one place
    http://www.pidgin.im/
    Pidgin is a multi-protocol Instant Messaging client that allows you to use all of your IM accounts at once.

Pidgin can work with:

AIM
    Bonjour
    Gadu-Gadu
    Google Talk
    Groupwise
    MSN
    QQ
    SILC
    SIMPLE
    Sametime
    XMPP
    Yahoo!
    Zephyr
    Savatage wrote:
    Pidgin can work with:

[...]
    I don't see Dynamics NAV listed ;-)