what u called this process

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi to everybody,

First my doubt is In navision we the option that we can give sub contracting to other vendor. But suppose we are doing our self . what is the solution.i am facing this problem. My client is doing his work and out side work. I am explaining.

We are implementing Navision to manufacturing firm.
Our client make pipes. our clien is following two processes.
1.They purchase raw material and make pipes, sell to customers.

2.Customer Purchase raw material, give that material to our firm. With customer raw material our client makes pipes and sends to customer. For this Our client charge for each kg(charge means Conversion rate that means raw material conversion to bottle).For each kg how many pipes they produce. They charged according to KG wise.
Our client calls this second process “ Job work”
Customer will send Purchase invoice of Raw material and raw material to our firm directly from vendor. Our company will have to enter this information in Navision. Suppose Customer send Raw material 100 Kg to Firm. From this our firm send 30 kgs to production to make pipes. From this material they make pipes(each one 16 gm)from 30 kgs.for making pipes our firm will charge conversion rate per pipe. after that our firm will raise sales invoice fill this information of pipes and with conversion rate. In the same way customer keep send material . But we have to track from Which invoice material they are making pipes. They need to track material wise.
For eample:-
Customer 07/14/2007 send that 300 kgs raw material. From that our firm used 100 kgs to make pipes.
While using this material of 300 kgs customer will send again 200 kgs raw material.
So we need to track from which invoice material we are using raw material to make pipes.

Explanation: ---

1. They have one customer 666
2. 666 will have different branches.
3. 666 purchase raw material and send to our client with Purchase invoice.
4. Then our client will examine that material , if it is ok then our client send the purchase invoice details and rejected quantity, wastage , what is the net weight of item , conversion rate per kg to make pipes, send this information to 666
To enter all this information they are using Excel.
5. Then 666 issue permission to make pipes.Then our firm will start to make pipes.
6. after made the pipes client inform to 666 then 666can say any branch office (shipping place)to client to send pipes. Our client will send pipes to branch office directly. For this they are using sales invoice.

That client wants to do this in Navision.

Need solution for this :

1. How to define item for customer material.(because firm also have same raw material)
2.they need to track item for each item quantity
3.How to enter purchase invoice details in navision with amount or with out amount.
3.How to enter wastage of customer raw material in purchase invoice.
4. After wastage how can we enter the remaining material in purchase invoice.
lally

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    This is difficult to answer, as it will depend upon the processing and detail, but investgate these.

Same stock at different locations, the location is customer specific.
    Tracking specifically through lot and serial numbers
    Why are you entering purchase invoices in Navision for this process? Sounds to me like you need to record this in a completely different way
    What is the purpose of the wastage capturing, you do not own the stock, as long as you write it off does it matter? if yes then transfer it to a customer specific waste location, then write it off when you get permission

I am afraid your explanation is not very clear. Using XXX to mean different things is not very helpful ](*,)
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen