User training demos

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
Hi guys.

We are going to live this week. Before that we have to give user training on navision to client people. I am getting confused how to start user training. Experts u already had experience how to give user training to client people. Is there any demos or manuals available . If any body have please give that URl . I hope u can give answers.

Have a nice day.

rgs& thX
ameen

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Sure Cutting It Close.

They way our NSC trained us was to impliment a cronus database in our office that everyone could playaround within their department when they had some spare time. That way we could write down specific questions we had about how to do something.

Then two of us went to their office for intense & complete training. This way we knew how the whole system worked not just a/r, a/p, etc.

They also had someone on site all day for a few days after we wnet live incase new questions or problems came up.

Is this completely new to this company or is it an upgrade. Also what version 4 or 5?

Here are some 4 vids - not sure how helpful they really are.
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11360

Also test drive for 5 available
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20520

People need time to adjust to a new system. i think installing a demo on their system to familiarize themselves is a good idea. Else biz comes to a screaching halt day 1.

IMHO 8-[
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    If you had more time, you should install a test database with all the company date and forms, so they can access it to work out bugs and find what they need training on most.

We were using backup data in a test companies for a few months, while a few key people learned everything they could about Navision.

it was a train the trainer type of arrangement, I went and took classes with our solution center, using the standard Cronus database. and then took what I learned and used it in our test company.

then I trained the branch managers, who then practiced on the test company, they then trained there key people, who trained there key people.

This was over several months, as part of the training and testing also lead to program changes. so when we went live, it wasn't really a new system. This was back in 1999 when we went live with 2.0

now for the upgrade to 4.0 we went through the same process. and 2.0 to 4.0 was pretty big change.

But since you only have a few days, your are going to simply need a lot of man power, because the users are going to need lot of hand holding, and there is going to be a lot of frustration, a start like this can easily lead to a failed implementation, you could even have a few key manager demand you go back to the old system, and depending on their pull, that could happen.

I think I would step back, and see if you can delay the go-live untill you have thought out a better training and implementation schedule.

but that is just my opinion.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ameen wrote:
    Hi guys.
    We are going to live this week. Before that we have to give user training on navision to client people. I am getting confused how to start user training. Experts u already had experience how to give user training to client people. Is there any demos or manuals available . If any body have please give that URl . I hope u can give answers.

Have a nice day.

rgs& thX

Sorry, but it really is too late. You really need to move the Go-Live date. Otherwise as you say "We are going to live this week", but are you "going to live NEXT week" :mrgreen:

From your postings, I guess this is the first time you have trained End Users for a Go-Live. And I don't think you are going to learn that over the internet.
    David Singleton
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Other than not having any trained users the week of go-live.... who implemented the system?

To me it seems that if you know how to implement the system, you can explain it to others. If you don't know how to train users, do you know how to implement NAV?
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    1. Go dept by dept
    2. Go from lowest level (the users who use the most) up to the highest level (management or least important users)
    3. Go by process cycle (eg from purch to sales if trading industry)
    4. Ask your client how they have planned their attendance

Choose your poison(s)
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    ameen wrote:
    Hi guys.

Have a nice day.

rgs& thX

Using NAV manuals to train end users is probably not the best way to go... It's almost guarenteed that you'll put them to sleep. Not just that, they won't learn anything useful for their daily tasks.

The end user training should be tailored to the daily tasks of each functional area. For example, if you're training the sales team, you should simulate their daily, weekly, and monthly operations during training.

If you don't know their operations, then I suggest postponing the live date. A failed implementation is never easy to recover... :(