How to stop posting to G/L

austinaustin Member Posts: 191
Hi Experts,

I am Working on navision 4.o sp1. when u create a sales order and post it. Then it automatically effects on G/l entry, cust. ledger entry, value entry, item ledger entry. This is how navision works.
But is there any way to stop the posting af ter select post in sales order. After checking the posted invoice by authorized person then he will post the amount to related accounts. I hope navision has that functionality. I could not find out.
I checked that one automatic cost posting with out check mark.But there is no use. When i post a sales order with out check mark in automatic cost posting it effects on all accounts.I should want like that.Give u r valuable suggestions to solve this one.

thanks in advance

Comments

• flfl Member Posts: 184
    I am Working on navision 4.o sp1. when u create a sales order and post it. Then it automatically effects on G/l entry, cust. ledger entry, value entry, item ledger entry. This is how navision works.

This is right. this is the way Navision works and should work. The proposal you made, is my opinion not correct from legal point of view. You want to create an order, post it without g/l posting. Then afterwards you want someone to post it to g/l after approval. But what should be approved ? In my opinion no one might do a modification to that records that need to be posted, otherwise in many countries your bookkeeping might be rejected because you can create other postings as you could print on the invoice. So, Navision works like you mentioned, and no, there is no standard way to solve your remark as this is not legal.
    Francois
    Consultant-Developper

http://www.CreaChain.com
  • austinaustin Member Posts: 191
    Thank U very much fl,

I read Help of automatic cost posting and Post cost to G/L.I could not get what i want.Then what is the exact use of automatic cost posting, Post cost to G/L.

thanks
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Legally every time you post and invoice you must post corresponding G/L entries. You could for example add a new field. Users will fill that field with information to approve. User with approval can post by batch, all invoices with that field checked.

You can also see approval system in NAV 5.0 and take some ideas.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • grigri Member Posts: 87
    austin wrote:
    Thank U very much fl,

I read Help of automatic cost posting and Post cost to G/L.I could not get what i want.Then what is the exact use of automatic cost posting, Post cost to G/L.

thanks

Hi
    the automatic cost posting and also the post cost to g/l batch are doing just one thing: they post the costs into g/l.
    but there are postings related with a sale order other than cost related postings:
    partner account, vat account, revenue and so on. those postings are done when the invoice is posted because, in fact, that's what the posting of a invoice means: to update the amounts in partner, vat, revenue gl accounts.

hope this helps, let me know
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    I know certain softwares that allow posting of invoices 1st & subsequently posting them to G/L & they are called batch posting as opposed to live posting Navision.
    Legally speaking there is nothing wrong as long as eventually the AR/Sales data reach G/L unmodified.

By delaying the posting to G/L you're not working in flow with Navision logic & should seriously consider other alternatives such as approval before posting of invoice rather that after posting of invoice...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • pandusp167pandusp167 Member Posts: 10
    :?:

Understand that Nav Posting Setups are actually decided by the HOD who is basically approving the G/L transactions, if you agree with me then you should have understood that posting to G/L shoudn't need any approval further.
  • NikkNikk Member Posts: 49
    You could also use NAV permissions to make this work as a start.. i.e. Let the order processing users only key in and release the orders then assign the posting permissions to the approver..... :idea:
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    It seems to me that you're just trying to check whether an invoice was entered correctly before posting.

If you can propose a process change where orders are summited for approval before it can be posted, you wouldn't need to modify NAV at all.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Here is another idea, a little off the wall,

redesign the sales quote to look like a sales order, and put it on the users menu as such,

have the users enter everything on a special sales order (sales quote), make a button labeled pre-post invoice

have the button run the normal routine, convert qoute to order.

the sale quote will disappear as if posted your users will be happy, but nothing will have hit any accounts yet

now make the real sales order on a menu for your person that does final review. once he/she is happy he does the ship and invoice and the g/l entries are created.

you will have system that does what you want without changing any of the underlying program. you just have to be a little creative on your design of the forms and your users will think it is all magic.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    After checking the posted invoice by authorized person then he will post the amount to related accounts. I hope navision has that functionality. I could not find out.

The simplest way is to use user level permissions. Just give the user maker level permissions, not posting permissions, and he releases the PO after checking the values.

The provide the HOD a checker and authorizor level permissions, i.e. give him the right to post the order as invoiced.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Deep wrote:
    After checking the posted invoice by authorized person then he will post the amount to related accounts. I hope navision has that functionality. I could not find out.

The simplest way is to use user level permissions. Just give the user maker level permissions, not posting permissions, and he releases the PO after checking the values.

The provide the HOD a checker and authorizor level permissions, i.e. give him the right to post the order as invoiced.

Or use the order approval granule in 5.0. 8)