Problems with nav40 server connection

JBeckJBeck Member Posts: 68
Hi there,

I have a problem with my Nav40 server.
The service seems to automatically stop from time to time.
From my clients I get this message "The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED)". Of cource this means that the service of my server has been stopped.
I have no idea what could cause it to stop because there is no patern.
I'm running it on a MS Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition Service Pack 1.
Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• cssgyulacssgyula Member Posts: 31
    Hi,

What is the version of the NAV the end-user is using?

Did you try to have a look at the application logs, service logs, security logs?

Is Windows Server 2003 SP2 available for you? Try to install it and then reinstall the server service again.

Did you try to reinstall the service, log and analyze any uncommon events on the system (f.e. strange system crashes or service shutdowns, etc.)?

Any incompatiblity issues between NavServer service and other services possible (f.e. antivirus or firewall solutions, etc.)?

There are a lot of tasks to do, before you can localize the problem in your system and get a correct solution.
    Best Regards,

Gyula (Jules) Csiák-Sedivy

There are two things, which you cannot learn from books. True love and Software Coding.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    there is also a know issue with windows authentication and Navision 4.0 no service pack, that can cause this issue

when a user logs on, it will crash the navision service, and give this exact error. It was supposed to be fixed in sp3
  • JBeckJBeck Member Posts: 68
    Okay how can I obtain SP3?

I looked in the event viewer and got this message:

The description for Event ID ( 109 ) in Source ( NAV40-FPS ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The system failed to retrieve the object from Active Directory.

Can anyone explain what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.
    JBeck
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    SP3 install CDs can be downloaded from PartnerSource.

The main part of the error is:
    The system failed to retrieve the object from Active Directory.

Rest of the text just throw away...

And as you can see, the system cannot read the data from AD.

1) You are not in Domain
    2) You are running the process under account, which have no access to AD (local account)
    3) There are other problems preventing the server to read the data from AD.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.