Activate Lot No in Item Card

jesstyljesstyl Member Posts: 15
Hello all,

Can anyone help me - can I or how to activate the Lot No. using for Item that have activities/transactions history?

Thank you.

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    One of the safest ways is:

1 – Rename Item you add tracking information.
    2 – Create a new item with tracking information with old No. of previous item
    3 – Using journal make an inventory adjustment from old item to new item with tracking information. (At this point be careful with costing)
    4 – Block old item.

There are several ways. If you search in forum you should find several answers to that question.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • jesstyljesstyl Member Posts: 15
    Hi Nuno,

thank you for your reply.

Renaming item code is not practical to us because one item already takes about 3 ~ 4 hours and we have around 8k+ items.

Any known problem which might/will occur if I “force” activate lot tracking control on existing item which has historical transactions?

Regards
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Yes you can have several problems.
    - You can’t apply transitions to entries without lot number. This will lead to stock that you can’t remove from Navision.
    - You will have unexpended values in item ledger entries of mixing entries of same item with lot and other without lots information.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • RuleRule Member Posts: 34
    If you put the inventory of the item to 0 and change the tracking code it ite works normal to me. You still have to deactivate the ledger entry control on the onvalidate trigger of the item tracking code Field.

If you create a new item with same No. you lose the history of the old Item No. If you enforce the item tracking code you have a mix of ledger entries with lot no. and without Lot no. But if the inventory is 0 there won't be a functional problem.

Greetz

Rule
    Realisations are only limited by the borders of imagination
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Rule wrote:
    If you put the inventory of the item to 0 and change the tracking code it ite works normal to me. You still have to deactivate the ledger entry control on the onvalidate trigger of the item tracking code Field.

If you create a new item with same No. you lose the history of the old Item No. If you enforce the item tracking code you have a mix of ledger entries with lot no. and without Lot no. But if the inventory is 0 there won't be a functional problem.

Greetz

Rule

I agree with Greetz on this. I know that renaming the item should be the correct way, But I have on a few occasions run inventory to Zero with t physical inventory, then turned lot numbers on and then reposted the physical journal with lot numbers to put the data back in again.
    David Singleton