Posting a Debit Memo for a customer

krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
Hi

I should be able to post a debit memo for a customer for Rate difference or any other charges pertaining to an existing invoice. I am not able to do it thru giving negative amount in Receivables credit memo. In payables debit memo, i am not getting the customer listing.

Can anyone help me to put a debit memo for a customer, which adds up his total receivables and should also pertain to an invoice?

Thanks in advance.

Venkat

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You can create a Credit Memo for the customer and connect it to an invoice. You can find it on the menu just under the Invoice.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
    Please Understand my question. I want to Raise a debit memo to customer which will increase my receivables. Credit memo will decrease my receivables. I can raise one more invoice for rate difference or late fees etc. But i want to do a debit memo to increase the receivables and that too against an invoice.

Please let me know...

Venkat
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    krvenkata wrote:
    Please Understand my question. I want to Raise a debit memo to customer which will increase my receivables. Credit memo will decrease my receivables. I can raise one more invoice for rate difference or late fees etc. But i want to do a debit memo to increase the receivables and that too against an invoice.

Please let me know...

Venkat
    I am not sure that is possible. I think you will need to create a new invoice to do it. You can create a textline in which you refer to the original invoice.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    For Portuguese local law a debit memo works like an invoice. So usually when a customer demands for ee3bit memos support, we simply copy invoice form and add a new filter to only display debit memos (a new filed in table).

You can do the same process and add a new field to relate to original invoice.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/