Navision Installation - Database Creation

WUFUQIANGWUFUQIANG Member Posts: 42
Dear Friends,

Does it make any differences in creating Navision New Database by using 2 different License Files ? let say one is our Client License File , the other is Partner License File ?

Regards

Comments

• ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Client license could be more restricted in allowed database size.
    Thomas
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Don’t forget that database size only matters in Native DB.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • WUFUQIANGWUFUQIANG Member Posts: 42
    Thanks for all of your help,
    How about the impact on "Permission" to the database, table or anything related to those ?

Thanks
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Sometimes, if you're using a developer license to setup a database, you'll "turn on" some modules the client don't typically have access to, i.e., Service Items. This will cause renaming and undo shipment problems.

But in majority of the cases, it won't make a difference.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you just create the DB, it is not affected by license. If you restore objects or older DB, it is not affected. If you use the DB, it is affected by license...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    kine wrote:
    If you restore objects or older DB, it is not affected.
    With a clients license the use of objects in .txt format is restricted or impossibe for both import and export, they usually have to be in the .fob format.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • hawwahawwa Member Posts: 106
    I think there is no difference whether you create the database with partner license or customer license. Last time when I was working in Vendor company, I used to create database for customer with our partner license then only load in their customer license.

I do not have any problem export / import object in .txt files with customer license.
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    hawwa wrote:
    I do not have any problem export / import object in .txt files with customer license.
    That depends on the customers license. If the Application Builder (Granule 7,200) is included, you can use the .txt format, otherwise not. Most small companies can't afford the additional license costs. Some can afford it, but prefer not to buy it because they fear that this increases the possiblilty of deliberate or incidental damage to the system.
    Kai Kowalewski