Upgrading Menusuite from 4.0 SP3 to 5.00

companycompany Member Posts: 89
Hi All,

I am doing upgrade from 4.0 SP3 to 5.00.In 4.0 SP3 database,I modified menusuite by adding and deleting some objects.Now I want these customizations to 5.00 NAV Menusuite.

After I did the modifications in 4.0 SP3 database one new menusuite object is created with the id 90.I imported this 90 object into 5.00 database.I can see the modifcatoins in 5.00 db but order of the menu items changed.

Please suggest me the best way to keep my customizations and order of the objects in 5.00 NAV along with new changes in the 5.00 Menusuite.

Thanks in Advance....

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    edited 2007-08-27
    The menusuite is based on one thing: each new item is defined by:

caption
    previous item

It means that position is defined by position of previous item. If this item doesn't exist or is moved, after importing z(y)our menusuite, z(y)our items will be in "lost&found" group or will be moved into another position where the previous item is now.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kine wrote:

It means that position is defined by position of previous item. If this item doesn't exist or is moved, after importing zour menusuite, zour items will be in "lost&found" group or will be moved into another position where the previous item is now.

I see zou are switching between Cyech and US kezboards. :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    8) Exactly... :roll:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.