How to know the ASCII value of a character.

sunmorningindiasunmorningindia Member Posts: 65
Hi,

Is there any way to know the ASCII value of a character. Actually i want to encrypt some file and save in a BLOB. My concept is to save Developer license in database, because most of the client using Remote Desktop Connection to access servers.

Comments

• MbadMbad Member Posts: 344
    Lots of ascii 2 ansi converters out there you can modify to get that information.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    If you had searched the forum with the keywords "ascii and value", you would have found this thread: finding out ascii value of characters
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ...My concept is to save Developer license in database ...

:shock:
    David Singleton
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    when you store the flf into the serverinstallation folder, then navision will automat. use this license.

When you use SQL Server, you've the option to store the license into db
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • todrotodro Member Posts: 117
    garak wrote:
    when you store the flf into the serverinstallation folder, then navision will automat. use this license.

When you use SQL Server, you've the option to store the license into db
    I guess he is not referring to importing the license but storing an encrypted licence in a blob field in the database so he can extract it whenever necessary.

Exchanging files with an RDP or VNC connection and disabled file exchange or clipboard, is always a pain...
    Torsten
    MCP+I, MCSE NT, Navision MCT (2004,2005)
  • sunmorningindiasunmorningindia Member Posts: 65
    Thanks for all your post. Probably i got the clue to solve it. Thanks a lot.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Then please add "[SOLVED]" to your Subject title.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)