Options

What size can our Database Grow to?

JimFranklinJimFranklin Member Posts: 2
edited 2003-11-17 in Navision Financials
We are a retail company and we use Financials 2.60E which has been heavily bespoked to our quirky retail business (golf retail and we have our own managed stores and also franchise stores).

Our database is currently at 75gig, and we have a limit of 128gig on the licence. (we were originally told that 64gb was the limit, but when we reached that, microsoft cut us a new licence).

Restoring the database, which we carry out every week onto a backup server, from the FBK files frequently fails to complete. our NSC believes it may be because we are running out of space in the DB.

Some tables are huge,
our Item Ledger Entry table is over 10million records and stands at 25gb and the G/L is over 35million records and is 19gb.

The question?
How big can we get our licence up to? Microsoft and our NSC have no answer for us. Remember we were told 64 at one time, and 32 before that.

Anyone have any ideas? or do you know someone with a bigger db licence?

Thanks.
Jim
I've got wide staring eyes,
and a strong urge to fly,
but I've got nowhere to fly to

Comments

• Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    I really don't know. Please read this, I know it isn't an answer but this is what I was always told:

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... abase+size

But, whatever they say, Microsoft should have an answer!
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,
    As I understand it, the current limit is 128GB for native Navision databases. As I understand it, you could have a larger database if you changed over to the SQL option.

It just might be worth testing to see if the restore fails if you try to restore the database into a more recent set of Navision executables (Say 3.70). I don't know if it will help, but it is certainly something that I would try out (On a test server!).

"A soul in tension is learning to fly.
    Condition grounded, but determined to try."
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta