Windows Login stop working

matias_jaurematias_jaure Member Posts: 157
Hi everyone, we have migrate Navision form 3.7 to 4.03. When we finish doing the upgrade, we tell the user to enter to do some test. But windows authentication is not working. The only way to make it works is making the user dbo or making the user administrator of the server machine. But it is not correct at all. Any idea could help us..

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• todrotodro Member Posts: 117
    Hi everyone, we have migrate Navision form 3.7 to 4.03. When we finish doing the upgrade, we tell the user to enter to do some test. But windows authentication is not working. The only way to make it works is making the user dbo or making the user administrator of the server machine. But it is not correct at all. Any idea could help us..

Thanks for your time.
    I guess your problem is related to the security changes. You can find lot's of infos in the file "Security Synchronization in Navision 4.0 SP3.doc" in the DOC directory of 4.0SP3. There are also several threads here, dealing with the extended stored procedures xp_ndo_enumusergroups and xp_ndo_enumusersids.
    Torsten
    MCP+I, MCSE NT, Navision MCT (2004,2005)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What does it mean "But windows authentication is not working."? Have you some error message?

It seems that one from the stored procedures is not created in the SQL. Check them (and their permissions).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.