Purchase invoice posting problem

xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
Hi there!

When I'm posting a purchase invoice it appears this message:

"Amount 3.203,48000000000001 needs to be rounded in Gen. Jounal Line Journal Template Name=",Journal Batch Name=", Line No.='0'."

I've tried many things to solve this problem, but i've faild. Does anyone know how to solve this problems, or the reason for this message?

Many thanks

Comments

• kujukuju Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 62
    Hi,
    what many things have you tried?

Any idea if there is a line in that journal with this amount?
    how did it get into the journal? through code?
    If yes, use the rounding capabilities...
    Dynamics Rules!
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yeah, I think the default number of decimal places for an amount field is 5. Since your number obviously has more than that it is throwing the error because it can't fit it into the field.
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    xina_man wrote:
    Hi there!

"Amount 3.203,48000000000001 needs to be rounded in Gen. Jounal Line Journal Template Name=",Journal Batch Name=", Line No.='0'."

I've tried many things to solve this problem, but i've faild. Does anyone know how to solve this problems, or the reason for this message?

Many thanks

problem is that the amount 3.203,48000000000001 is different than the amount that is rounded with "amount rounding precision" in the general ledger setup.. i think that the error occured in the InsertGLEntry function of cu 22.. the reason is, possibly, a piece of wrong code.i mean cu 22 tries to post an amount that has not been rounded properly.. search for customized section in the posting procedures.
    also there is one more posting in the forum about this error..
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17916&highlight=needs+rounded
  • xina_manxina_man Member Posts: 116
    xina_man wrote:
    Hi there!

Many thanks

The codeunit used when I post the purchase invoice is CU90. But I can't find where is the problem... I can Post invoices, but only this one show this error...
  • MbadMbad Member Posts: 344
    CU 90 creates Gen Jnl Lines that are posted through CU 12. The amount field of these obviously are filled wrong from some kind of modification to the system. It should be pretty easy to find, either by using the debugger or to modify the code in the test database to inssert the journal lines instead of posting them.