poland and czech national functionalities in one database

DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
Hi. I've got following question:
we've got czech customer with partner company in poland. both companies have their own navision databases. but now they want to use only one database (for example due using of intecompany functions in navision - they choosed czech database because in CZ DB are better customer modifications :-) ).

is there any possibility to have poland and czech objects in one database and in one license file. now, we cannot run polish objects with czech license file. can be licenses of two different nations merged in one licenes common for both nations? polish objects have numbers 123xx.

thanks for any info.
Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Is there really anything major that you need? I have run Polish, Czech, Slovak and Hungarian Companies all on the same code base without any problems.

As to merging the licenses, I think that will be very difficult, politically I mean.

Personally I would import Polish text into the Czech Database, and then look at what (if any) polish localizations they are using, along with any customizations and then merge those into the Czech system. (Well actually I would start fresh and do it in W1, but that's another issue).
    David Singleton
  • DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    yes, yes... we have got CZ, SK, HU and PL companies in the same database too (another company, HQ is in CZ and branches in other countries), there is no problem. because branches have no accounting, all financials are being processed in HQ

but now, we need to implement all polish legislation. but as far as I know, there is no way to use polish (12300) objects with czech license file, so we need to know, which polish legislation functions are used by PL customer and we'll have to MERGE these modifications under customer's objects numbers. in PL legislation, there is about 30 tables, which customer should buy. our company wishes to avoid buy new objects so we are searching another way - in this case, we are looking for "merging" licenses and allowing to use PL legislation with CZ license file
    Doomhammer wrote:
    yes, yes... we have got CZ, SK, HU and PL companies in the same database too (another company, HQ is in CZ and branches in other countries), there is no problem. because branches have no accounting, all financials are being processed in HQ

but now, we need to implement all polish legislation. but as far as I know, there is no way to use polish (12300) objects with czech license file, so we need to know, which polish legislation functions are used by PL customer and we'll have to MERGE these modifications under customer's objects numbers. in PL legislation, there is about 30 tables, which customer should buy. our company wishes to avoid buy new objects so we are searching another way - in this case, we are looking for "merging" licenses and allowing to use PL legislation with CZ license file

Are they actually using all these features? I am curious as to what "Legal Requirements" are covered in these 30 tables? Polish Tax is not much different to Czech Tax. VAT rounding is a little different, but nothing huge.
    David Singleton
  • DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    we need to discover what they are using and what not. legal requirements covered by polish NTR modifications are under analysis of our analyst colleagues (i am programmer so i do not see all issues :-) )
    i think, much of polish NTR mods are for advance payments, which are not good covered in CZ mod system :)
    Doomhammer wrote:
    we need to discover what they are using and what not. legal requirements covered by polish NTR modifications are under analysis of our analyst colleagues (i am programmer so i do not see all issues :-) )
    i think, much of polish NTR mods are for advance payments, which are not good covered in CZ mod system :)

Oddly the law in Poland and Czech is quite similar, so its odd that they don't use the same code. Though in Czech very few companies use "Pre-Payments", and instead use "Deposits", because of the VAT implications. If I remember correctly in Poland they are much more strict in enforcing this.

But find out how big an issue this is, because if they only occasionally pre-pay VAT, then you can handle it with an accruing journal.

Oh and why 30 tables? I am pretty sure you wont need them all.
    David Singleton
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    Are there any special characters for Poland that are not in the CZ character set?
    Same for Hungary?

Problem is that we have 1 database with Western Europe countries next to eastern Europe as well, we have problems using the CZ language since we cannot insert the CZ special characters...
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    vanrofi wrote:
    Are there any special characters for Poland that are not in the CZ character set?
    Same for Hungary?

Problem is that we have 1 database with Western Europe countries next to eastern Europe as well, we have problems using the CZ language since we cannot insert the CZ special characters...

This is not an issue, all these countries are using same codepage (German speaking languages are using different codepage, it is why you have the problems...)

Doomhammer - it is not possible to use PL localization with CZ license. In this case it looks like better solution to have CZ modifications in PL databaze, but in this case you need to use PL license. CZ modifications are not so comlex. But it depends on what is used...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    Thx Kine, at least that helps :-)

As mentioned in another topic, we have problems using 1 database for companies with different codepages.

We are facing an extra 20K investment for running 2nd. database on seperate SQL server for these countries only...and we did not even analyse if for example Biztalk issues will arise on using other codepage etc...
    Hope that MS will solve this in next features, I cannot believe that we are the only international company that faces this issue...