Manufacturing issue - shop loading

WojtekmWojtekm Member Posts: 123
Hi guys,
I`m using NAV 4.0 sp3.

I`ve just started learning manufacturing module in NAV and I have one functional question:
I need to create clendars for each machine and work centers, also i have to set up capacity and efficiency. This parameters have impact on productivity. But when i started plannind my production orders, creating from sales orders (MTO) system allows user to overload machine and work centers.
So my question is: how to protect machines and work centers form overloading. Is there any automatic process to optimalize shop loading?
I think it have to be than kind of automatic optimalizaion - but i can`t find it :(

best regards
Wojtekm

Comments

• JinnisJinnis Member Posts: 3
    Hi
    In the menu: Manufacturing-->Capacities-->Setup-->Capacity Constrained Resources

Here you can define if a Work Center or Machine Center should not be able to be overloaded with work. If you set this up for a machine center the system automaticly replans a production order to start when there is available capacity. Exactly how i'm not sure about.

br

Martin Jinnelöv
  • WojtekmWojtekm Member Posts: 123
    Hi Jennis,

Thanks for reply,

You`re right, but is there any automatic function witch plan released production orders and takes into account shop loading, capacity etc.?

Is it necessary to set up every work centers as capacity constrained resources?

best regards
    Wojtekm
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    Wojtekm wrote:
    Hi Jennis,

Thanks for reply,

You`re right, but is there any automatic function witch plan released production orders and takes into account shop loading, capacity etc.?

Is it necessary to set up every work centers as capacity constrained resources?

best regards
    Wojtekm

yes, you must define "capacity constrained resource" for every work/machine center before using them in the production orders:(
  • WojtekmWojtekm Member Posts: 123
    Ok, experts, so i have next case:

Customer call to my office and order 10 pcs X. Item X is beeing produced in my company in Make-To-Order system. How is the fastest and easiest way to check how long this order takes my production department entertaining existing production schedule? When i can sell item X to my customer?

best regards
    Wojtekm
  • ET_NavET_Nav Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone advise me on an issue I have with a customer's Work Centre Load?

They have two workcentres, both set up identically. Both work centres have absences registered, however one work centre still creates a capacity need although there is no capacity available, while the other shows the production orders alloacted to other dates, i.e. no capacity need created for the absence period.

My question is, what should Nav do? There are no capacity restraints for either work centre. Should Nav create a need although there is an absence during the period, or would you expect the system to alloacte the orders to periods where capacity is available? I am looking at this through the work centre load screen, so the two columns are Capacity and Allocated Qty.

Many thanks.