Standard cheque format (US/Canada)

KosmosKosmos Member Posts: 58
Hello guys,
Could you tell me please, if Nav. 05 supports the standard cheque format for Canada and US?
Thank you in advance
Anna

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    What do you mean by "Standard check format"? Navision checks supports 2-part checks or 3-part checks.
  • KosmosKosmos Member Posts: 58
    If to rephrase my previous question - If it is possible to change/customize the cheque format that is printed by Nav.05.
    For example is it possible to delete company's name and to leave only vendor's?
    Our client has a check in the format - cheque/stub, while Nav. prints stub/cheque, is it possible to customize Nav. in accordance with customers' requirments?
    And one last question-if Nav.05 allows to download company's logo on a cheque or not.
    Thank you very very much for any respond.
    Anna
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    The cheque report, like any other report in Navision, can be completely customized. Most implementations I've worked on have made some modifications to the base cheque (as it's different for just about every end customer).

Your only limitations are going to be the standard Navision reporting engine limitations. But adding a picture or logo, changing any names that are displayed should be fairly simple to do. By default Navision 5.0 has a Stub/Stub/Cheque format and a Stub/Cheque/Stub format - should you require a Cheque/Stub/Stub it would require more time but is definately possible.

Are you a Navision developer or do you work for a client site?
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • KosmosKosmos Member Posts: 58
    Hello again,
    Thank you for all answers.
    Could you please give me a reference link where I can find a sample of the cheque printed by Navision 0.5 without customization.
    I need to check if that sample matches the standard cheque format assigned for Canadian cheques by Canadian Payment Association.

Thank you
    Anna
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    I'm not sure about the requirements for the Canadian Payment association, but I would be surprised if it didn't. There isn't anyplace off hand that I know of that would have a sample like that. That may be something that is available through Microsoft's Customer or Partner Source websites.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Kosmos wrote:
    Hello again,
    Thank you for all answers.
    Could you please give me a reference link where I can find a sample of the cheque printed by Navision 0.5 without customization.
    I need to check if that sample matches the standard cheque format assigned for Canadian cheques by Canadian Payment Association.

Thank you
    Anna

Even if it doesn't, you can easily tweak the check report to the format of your liking. <Thus it the power of Navision> :D